Memorial for my little commander

A few days ago my daughter's 11 year old body succumbed under the strain of the fight against cancer. She was brave and wonderful and could have fought forever if it was up to her spirit.

I wanted to post this to help myself heal, to thank fdev for the game that has granted me so much relief from the stress of everything, and to thank bosslady and loose screws discord and squadron for being my online brothers and sisters.

To the devs: your work matters. It is just a game, but your amazing game has provided comfort and entertainment to people struggling with countless issues. I thank you so much for your efforts.

To the awesome community, particularly Kai Zen and bossladyB. Thank you such much for the play time and streams and late night talks. Community is what drives this game and it is encouraging to see so many players who deeply care about the universe they are involved in.
I believe that the expectations of core players will drive the push to a better and better game.

It is also amazing how this communtiy has banded together to donate to so amazing causes. cmdr platter and fdev's charity efforts come to mind. So much money raised to fight terrible diseases that effect commanders around the world!

Lastly I have a request from a grieving father. My Evelyn was a thinker and a reader. She loved the fact that you could fly through our on galaxy and see the stars that we see from our backyard.

I would love to get a named object in the game that i could go visit as a memorial. Preferably it would be something really bright, just like her. Unstoppable and bright in the darkness. It would so special for me.

Thanks for listening, mike.
I am very sorry to hear your loss. I cannot imagine what you are going through. Please continue even if it seems like it´s impossible.

Last edited:
I would love to get a named object in the game that i could go visit as a memorial. Preferably it would be something really bright, just like her. Unstoppable and bright in the darkness. It would so special for me.

I went to Evelyn's location tonight after reading about it in the email update. I had to go out of curiosity as i lost my ex girlfriend to a glioblastoma 20 years ago and i was in Tir anyway. Those words in the scan are so amazing, Jesus.... I wish your family well buddy. o7

Screenshot_0215.jpg

:cry:

Last edited:
Went back on a whim because of @drew Wagar's story about it being the Christmas star (I was in Colonia so it was pretty close). Landed on A1 a because it seemed closest and saw this mountain.
Screenshot_0222.jpg

(This was taken after cuz I forgot)
I decided to climb this on foot (I have a G5 Artemis w/jump and sprint) but I'm pretty sure it can be done with G1 Artemis.
Evelyn's Light from the summit.
Screenshot_0216.jpg

View down from just below the summit.
Screenshot_0218.jpg

And my favorite Evelyn's Light while free falling on the way down (just above my green center dot).
Screenshot_0220.jpg

I might make this an annual thing @jellowiggler . Merry Christmas.

Edit: Oh yeah just a tip: If you find that you are sliding down a steep incline turn sideways and strafe up the hill and it should break your fall.
Screenshot_0215.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom