General Gameplay Memory crash

Your Feature Request / Idea
Game takes 10 mins to save. Add a slider in the settings menu to adjust detail quality e.g. The lower the number the less polygons are used for buildings and dinos. Also freeing up texture space so the game doesn't have to save additional not needed details. Plus as this causes the game to crash on its current update I would advise adding this In ASAP. Many people will agree with me.

Save

10 minutes to save... what are you running this on, a Commodore 64?

I run on Xbox one S and when you start it saves in 2 secs but when you unlock all other islands it saves the state for all of them Instead of the one I am on. This gets longer every time more objects are added. Plus the new update makes it worse.

I run on Xbox one S and when you start it saves in 2 secs but when you unlock all other islands it saves the state for all of them Instead of the one I am on. This gets longer every time more objects are added. Plus the new update makes it worse.

Wait it saves for all islands in campaign? Cant be... that is just.... professionally offensive.

Save

Wait it saves for all islands in campaign? Cant be... that is just.... professionally offensive.

When you save it e.g. You have 5 dinosaurs on 2 islands and you save, it saves data for 10 dinosaurs. Same for objects and buildings. The quality slider will allow players to adjust the amount of detail is shown for buildings and dinos. Therefore freeing up texture space and leaving more room for cache memory which in turn lets the game save and load faster without any extra memory data.

Polygons for buildings and dinos. Flat textures with no simulation effects i.e. Grass, flags etc.

Off course it does that, you have to be able to go back and forth from island to island.
When I unlocked new species in Pena for example I went back to Matanceros to add them there.
It would be very strange if you go back and your park there is gone.

Last edited:
Save

Off course it does that, you have to be able to go back and forth from island to island.
When I unlocked new species in Pena for example I went back to Matanceros to add them there.

Your park will still be there but the fact of overloading memory. Many people I know who played the game had the same problem.

Okay no, that is fundamentally wrong. But i think im starting to see where the problem lies. It sounds like everything and i mean everything is being saved in bulk at once. Every island, your campaign progress, the player's state and location, everything. This, if this is the case, is, with all due respect, incredibly stupid. There should be a partitioning system which saves things in a bit more complex of a system, but one that ultimately will prove to be much more efficient.

First of all, You'd have the campaign state, which only keeps track of the player's island ratings, unlocks etc and is only updated when those things are updated.

Second, you should have each location/island have a separate save slot, internally. This will only save the state of the island when the player or the game makes a save, be it autosave or save on moving to another island. This keeps the islands partitioned so not everything needs to be saved in bulk. On the player's side this would still only look like one save, but what they will load on entering an island will be the state of that particular island and the campaign state. Whenever they move to another island, they just load the state of that island.

The very idea that all of this is bulk saved together is honestly horrifying. Why would my machine have to be burdened with having to know where the dinos and fences are on Pena if i'm playing on Sorna? If this really is how this works right now, it is abysmally inefficient. I would slap my programmers if they created a system like this.

In a way it does all that, when you move to a different island you get a loading screen and vice versa.
My guess is that when you start the game your loading time will be the longest but moving from island to island is pretty quick.
I'm also pretty sure the data is compressed, I'm not sure how it works on the consoles though.

10 minutes does seem a bit over exaggerated but I wouldn't know how it is on a HDD, my game is installed on a SSD and my saves are also on SSD.

Edit: I didn't mean that the game saves all the campaign islands + Nublar everytime you save all at once, what I meant was that those are also in the save file and any change made on the current island your in, will be saved into that save file.
But that's how it works on PC, I have no idea how it works on consoles.

Also for the OP if your game crashes you will be better helped posting in the Tech support forum.

Support doesn't actively monitor this forum.

Last edited:
Save

In a way it does all that, when you move to a different island you get a loading screen and vice versa.
My guess is that when you start the game your loading time will be the longest but moving from island to island is pretty quick.
I'm also pretty sure the data is compressed, I'm not sure how it works on the consoles though.

10 minutes does seem a bit over exaggerated but I wouldn't know how it is on a HDD, my game is installed on a SSD and my saves are also on SSD.

Edit: I didn't mean that the game saves all the campaign islands + Nublar everytime you save all at once, what I meant was that those are also in the save file and any change made on the current island your in, will be saved into that save file.
But that's how it works on PC, I have no idea how it works on consoles.

Also for the OP if your game crashes you will be better helped posting in the Tech support forum.

Support doesn't actively monitor this forum.

You tell me to post on the support section
Ive seen the game files. It is only one file that it saves into for everything.

to be fair you -should- have posted this under support, not under suggestions.

And i also dont know how it works on console, consoles are much more limiting in many senses. As for the fact it's one file, you have no idea how this could operate. It could just overwrite part of that file's data, or the file could look like one file on your end, while internally its actually comprised of different sections a program reads. As Lara said, this would be better suited to being posted under the support, as it genuinely sounds like a support problem.

Yes I have posted it on the Tech Support area. Also as im using Xbox one, the file works as one if you look at the code file it is one big save.

Top Bottom