Micro-freezes & stutterings - Am I going crazy ?

Since April patch, I experience lots of micro-freezes during flight.

Since the April patch!? You don't say. One would have thunk they would
fix an April bug by now. Only been 5 months.

When will this update be fixed then? I'm almost scared to think about it.

Today I went to bounty hunt in a haz res in Solo mode with Discord and the game launcher window open. There may have been a slight performance drop at some point, but I believe it was related to the amount of things happening simultaneously on-screen. I then did the same with graphics set to mid. I played for quite some time without experiencing any degradation.

tl;dr: As of today I can only reproduce this issue more-or-less reliably by doing bounty hunting at a haz res site on any ship for about ten to twenty minutes in Open mode.

Since this last patch for the update, Elite plays for a while then randomly blacks out. Sometimes it locks up my whole computer. I'm trying other games now just to make sure it's JUST elite.

I have found that since the windows 10 1903 update that my cpu will randomly spike to 100 percent and will sometimes flutter back and forth for awhile I believe most of this is a windows 10 problem but have no way to confirm it. I thought it was Elite at first but now not so sure there are a lot of complaints about 1903 update

Last night I was playing and I got the issue while on a HAZ RES in solo mode, after I spent perhaps five minutes there. Frame rate returned to normal upon entering supercruise.

I got a cloud gaming virtual PC from Shadow. It has Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 graphics, very different from my AMD Radeon RX580 setup at home. I experience the same problem in HAZ RES there. A few minutes after I start bounty hunting, frame rate starts to stutter and drop until it becomes completely unplayable. I would love to be able stay in HAZ RES and lose myself in glorious combat for hours.

Top Bottom