Military Only Slots

Military slots are specialty slots. They aren't general slots turned military. Aren't you really just wanting to add more stuff to your ship? Like maybe more cargo containers?

Anything you can put in a military slot, you can put in a normal slot.

Just convert them to normal slots. Combat people will still use them for that, everyone else has more options!!

Your proposal is quite a common one. As others have said they were added as restricted slots on purpose in 2017 in an attempt to balance combat ships against stronger multi-roles (Python was the main one IIRC).

Passenger slots were converted to accept any module a while back, so maybe military slots will too one day :)

Goddamn that would be overpowered...
How?

The only stuff that can make you OP in combat, already fits in a military slot! Changing them to normal changes NOTHING for combat, but it does add the ability to take those ships and do other stuff, that's not OP, like Explore in a Chieftain (or whatever you're favorite combat ship is).

Exploring in a combat ship will never be as good as a DBX, AspX, or a Conda, but it would give people a choice that literally has no effect on anyone else in the game.

You know there's no reason you can't do that now, yes? The reason most people don't is the poor jump range on the combat-oriented ships, not because of any lack of modules.
Oh, I have. But to be able to have a shield, limits you to just one SRV, two would be better for longer trips. I get 55ly out of my Chief, I'd gladly drop to 50ly if I could carry more exploration modules!

My main point is, doing this would change nothing for combat. If I wanted to go hunting, I'd use those slots the same as if they were mil only, they'd have reinforcements in there!! LOL

I mean, why not? It would make the ships more versatile, and with PAX slots it helped the fish ships a lot.
For combat this is changing nothing, but especially the Alliance vessels would be much more interesting that way.

I was meaning them being military only served no purpose. Convert them to regular slots, hurts no one!

Then you want to increase the value of all ships with military slots? The slots that were added specifically to those ships specifically for military modules.

No, if they serve no purpose, then they should be removed. But they do have a purpose. To take military modules.

Personally i was never happy with their addition in the first place. Ships kitted for combat could already be made very tanky, the addition of the military modules which can mainly only be used for extra defense just led to more hit point inflation.

Getting rid of them altogether would be a much better solution, and in general, i'd like to see combat ships have less slots overall.

Then you want to increase the value of all ships with military slots? The slots that were added specifically to those ships specifically for military modules.

No, if they serve no purpose, then they should be removed. But they do have a purpose. To take military modules.

Personally i was never happy with their addition in the first place. Ships kitted for combat could already be made very tank, the addition of the military modules which can mainly only be used for extra defense just led to more hit point inflation.

Getting rid of them altogether would be a much better solution, and in general, i'd like to see combat ships have less slots overall.
This would just reinforce the FdL / Mamba meta even more.
Removing the slots makes no sense at all without a proper balance pass over all ships and the introduction of the Panther Clipper*

*had to put this in here somewhere, even if it makes no sense.

Top Bottom