Mining questions

I prospect a rock and I given the content. It could be 25 Painite for example.
I have always wondered if I prospect other rocks and lose the prospector on the first rock, do I still get 25 Painite?
Or does it revert back to an un-prospectored rock?

I always used to keep an active prospector on the asteroid but I am told that it is not necessary - once prospected it is supposed to produce the enhanced number of chunks.

I have not tested this, it is just what I am told.

It is what it is, wether you prospect it or not, (in your instance).
It's 25 if you prospect it, 25 if don't and 25 if you did and the prospector failed. It will only change if you go far away for the asteroids to reset.
"Af far as I know."

It is what it is, wether you prospect it or not, (in your instance).
It's 25 if you prospect it, 25 if don't and 25 if you did and the prospector failed. It will only change if you go far away for the asteroids to reset.
"Af far as I know."

No, that is incorrect - depending upon the rating (letter) of prospector controller there is a bonus to the number of fragments produced.

"Prospector drones will increase the quantity of fragments that can be obtained from an asteroid, with the magnitude of this effect dependent on their letter rating (notably not class); with A-rating being the strongest, as expected. An A-rated Prospector Controller of any number class (1, 3, 5, 7) has the same increase to fragment yield. This effect is not applied retroactively. For example: if an asteroid can produce 10 fragments normally and it is prospected from the start, it will now yield 20 fragments. If that same asteroid was mined for 5 fragments before using a prospector, the remaining 5 possible fragments will be doubled to yield 10 fragments for a total yield of 15 fragments. In general, a prospected asteroid will yield anywhere from 20 to 40+ fragments, a considerable difference from the yield without a drone. "

No it doesn't change. I only use a single prospector when mining and have found that since returning to mining for especially painite and tritium there are usually 2-3 rocks in a cluster which have differing %'s. I tend to fix my position using the hotspot as a marker and fire at 4-5 rocks in a line from left to right remembering what the %'s are then picking the best one and remembering the position of any others. When I get round to mining these secondary rocks the info is always the same as the first time I scanned/prospected it.

Top Bottom