[INDEPENDENT] Misfits of Science - rogue scientist unite

The Misfits of Science and Research are looking for players to join our team! We are one of the largest PS4 only wings and have now added a Thargoid "Relations" group. Join up and enjoy the company of playing with others in a Wing that has active players every day!

MSR Wing

Once joined please add your PSN ID to the board linked below so we can add you to our private groups and PS Chat.

PSN ID Board

We are still recruiting! Come join us and play in a Wing!
Do you play on the PS4? Do you use PS Chat? Do you want to actively help shape the ED Galaxy?
The Misfits of Science and Research are looking for players to join our team! We are the largest PS4 only wings. We have taken control of five systems and have expanded to an additional systems which we are working towards controlling. This expansion and BGS manipulation requires a lot of effort and we would like other players to join us!
Along with the BGS we also do Thargoid hunting missions and support other factions in our area of space.
We are first and foremost a PvE group made up of all different Elite Dangerous playstyles. If you are on the PS4 and would like to actively participate on Playstation chat while shaping the Elite Dangerous Galaxy, join us today!
Wing Page

Hi I'm looking for a group that primarily plays open. (Not interested in hiding in solo or group) Do you partake in open activities ? I have elite status plus a few top tier ships for set roles ie thargoid etc

PSA: Babylon 5 is finally available to watch online for anyone who is an Amazon Prime member! Well, at least in the USA. I'm posting this here because I know at least one core MSR member is a big fan ;)

I only found out a couple days ago, so this might be old news by now.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm in the middle of fifteen things, all of them annoying. Thank you for coming by.

Autoculto, we play in open, private group, and solo. Just depends on if we are winging up for wing missions, doing buggy races, or just generally running support missions for our Wing or others.

i would like to politely ask Jenny Diver and her associates to kindly get lost from bava and the surrounding systems, they are no longer an imperial play ground and if you are spotted wanted in any of our systems you will be shot on site by our eager new recruits. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED lol

i would like to politely ask Jenny Diver and her associates to kindly get lost from bava and the surrounding systems, they are no longer an imperial play ground and if you are spotted wanted in any of our systems you will be shot on site by our eager new recruits. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED lol

Heh would you look at that... I have some recruits to test..

'Bava's not an empire playground... Im an Imp at the mo..

We welcome all, imps, feds, aliens (or however you write this, lol), but we pride ourselves on being independent as a faction. We do have some imperial factions in our systems but never give them the reins. We like to reign everywhere ourselves, even if it always rains in some of the systems we conquered recently.

We are very active in the BGS, but take time in between to do all sorts of activities as a group. We plan missions (to Sag A, to CQC, to unlock all the guardian modules, to do the Ram Tah missions) and we like to AX some goids once in a while. Atm we're the biggest exclusive PS4 wing (and our territory keeps expanding).

If you're not winged up yet, join us in Bava and sign up on Inara:

MSR wing

Membership request sent, PSN ReaperKeeper.
The link at the top of this page for posting PSN name only takes me to the INARA main page.

Last edited:
It is with heavy heart that i announce that i am no longer in charge of, or part of Misfit's of Science and Research. I wish all future and current members the best of luck in everything they do, fly safe and aim to misbehave o7

Greetings Commander!

Atm the MSR (a PS4-only squadron) has members mostly from Europe and the USA, but we take all comers, don't you worry (as long as you're a misfit that is).

We're active in almost every aspect of the game and are recruiting veteran commanders and rookies alike. In season 1 we have the lead in the Squadron Trade Leaderboard (8 billion ahead of number 2!), we are in the top 10 of Combat and Political and are trying our best to get in the top 10 in Xeno defence and Exploration. We're having a blast as a team to stay ahead of the competition and still help each other out with unlocking the engineers, ranking up in the Fed and Imp navies without ever grinding them.

We're present in-game as a Player Minor Faction (Squadron-Tag: MSFT) and very active and engaged in the Background Simulation (BGS). We have very experienced commanders who have tested about everything in the game, so they can support you on building very specialized ships, give guidance and advice for proper BGS-play and we have a lot of good information about specific locations in the ED galaxy (Guardian, Thargoid, brain trees, among many others). We use PS chat channels to communicate and party chat to help with winging up during combat etc. We normally fly around together in our dedicated Private Group.

If you're interested, sign up now and join us. We'll be delighted to have you as a new member of the squadron!

MSR squadron

Top Bottom