"Mission Objective Detected"

Just started this afternoon...hauling for the Alliance in Mizar. And every time I jump into the system, COVAS says this. Never anything on the HUD or nav panel...and only does it if my hold is full of CG requirements.

Ummmmm...wot m8?

What's a "trader" POI?
indeed.I think it's primarily for the trade route to Elite but like a lot of the stuff in-game unless you're 'into' it, it largely goes ignored.I dare say there is more to it,if you're willing to poke beneath the surface,but traders are even more tight lipped than miners when it comes to the mysteries of the game.

Last edited:
Well, I'll be darned....it's a "Trading Beacon"

Never seen one before...showed up as an orange circle on the FSS scanner. It's 112kls away...will report shortly.

Just started this afternoon...hauling for the Alliance in Mizar. And every time I jump into the system, COVAS says this. Never anything on the HUD or nav panel...and only does it if my hold is full of CG requirements.

Ummmmm...wot m8?

Celeste is constantly telling me Mission Obejecfice detected for any mission, including assassination, kill pirate leader, passenger multilocations, etc it's not just cargo poi's

indeed.I think it's primarily for the trade route to Elite but like a lot of the stuff in-game unless you're 'into' it, it largely goes ignored.I dare say there is more to it,if you're willing to poke beneath the surface,but traders are even more tight lipped than miners when it comes to the mysteries of the game.

You quoted him asking what is a poi. Poi stands for Point of Interest

It's a Type 9 offering me a source and return mission. Huh, never seen this before...kind of cool.

Yeah I ran into one of those in the Sol system a while back, it was the first and last time I saw one but I haven't spent much time in the bubble since then. It was pretty cool, the mission wasn't really worth my time but I took it just for the novelty.

Celeste is constantly telling me Mission Obejecfice detected for any mission, including assassination, kill pirate leader, passenger multilocations, etc it's not just cargo poi's
Yeah,tho it makes me wonder whose mission and whose objectives?I mean,who is really running the show?DLS was the thin end of the wedge.Now you can't even disable the disco or the compo scan functions.(not really a complaint,more of an observation.)Still,as long as i can afford the 3.5k buy-in for a fresh eagle to trash every now and then,i'm happy to progress at my own pace.F/A off take offs and landings show significant signs of improvement after the fourth or fifth prang. My needs are easily catered for.

Top Bottom