Module priority bug is back

Seems like module priority is broken again after September Patch 2 (3.5.2).

1) Load game
2) Jump to supercruise or switch to another star system
3) Switching to the modules tab
4) It takes about a second to load the modules screen (that is new since 3.5.2)
5)Pprioritiy values are all wrong

However, reloading the game from Main Menu seems to return the correct values. So it seems to be a mere display bug and values are correct internally. However, changing priorities when the wrong values are shown will corrupt priorities internally, too.

So module priorities can only be changed after the game is loaded and no jump to supercruise or another star system has been conducted.

Can anyone confirm this?

o7
CMDR Maniac

Yes. Still. You can change priorities once, but any future attempts to change them you'll notice it's messed up, displaying duplicate modules and changing one priority, changes other modules' priorities. I can confirm this bug showed up after the ARX update and not before (at least in my experience playing the game for over a year now). The 2GB update for Xbox didn't fix the issue. I found the ticket on issue tracker and confirmed it.

This feature to switch all modules to the same priority and allow the CMDR to play the guessing game based on the 'group bar' under it has not been removed yet, no.

The last time i checked, a workaround was to exit to the main menu, and then back. That would sort out the panel. Not good for combat, but "usable" for other stuff, while Fdev are figuring out the cryptic source code.

I can confirm that mine work fine... Until I log out. Then they tend to reset.

Also, weird glitch I noticed:
1: Dock at station.
2: Change your modules out.
3: Try to change the power distribution.

I noticed old modules still on the list, new ones not appearing, the inability to alter the priorities and those that do let me alter them, also change priority values for other modules at what appears to be random.

This is fixed by exiting to menu, then logging back in. I've only been playing Solo lately, so who knows.

I'm currently dead in the water so to speak. if I re log I come in cold and can't turn on/off modules to balance. I assume it's linked to this issue? I was sent here from this:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...y-changes-almost-all-modules-to-match.525983/

I saw the video you posted and that's similar to my problem. I haven't had the issue outside of being docked, though other players have reported on having your specific issue. I've simply relogged while docked, and it works until the next time I dock, turn on or off modules or change out the modules on my ship. This has prompted a few YouTube personalities to even discuss the issue.

It's truly a strange bug, hopefully FDev will have a fix for it soon.

I saw the video you posted and that's similar to my problem. I haven't had the issue outside of being docked, though other players have reported on having your specific issue. I've simply relogged while docked, and it works until the next time I dock, turn on or off modules or change out the modules on my ship. This has prompted a few YouTube personalities to even discuss the issue.

It's truly a strange bug, hopefully FDev will have a fix for it soon.

I was hoping to get back to the bubble today, but I can't power manage 150% over each time I have to change situation. One slip and I'm burning up, crashing to the ground without thrusters, or turning the whole lot off.

Set your power priority for one module.

Scroll down to the bottom of the module list without exiting the module display and carry on scrolling down so that the display 'loops' back to the top.

You'll notice that the one module you actually changed retains the setting that you changed it to.

You'll also notice that the other ones that seemed to change along with it actually retained their original value.

Repeat as necessary until you have set everything to the correct priority.

It was driving me mad until I worked that out.

Scroll down to the bottom of the module list without exiting the module display and carry on scrolling down so that the display 'loops' back to the top.

You'll notice that the one module you actually changed retains the setting that you changed it to.

You'll also notice that the other ones that seemed to change along with it actually retained their original value.

I love you x

I love you x

It's still a pain in the arxe and needs fixing obviously but at least you won't end up stranded on a planet beause your power priorities won't let your SRV bay power up so you can get on board or something :D

Only a fool properly sets their power priorities. A real pilot sets them randomly, so you never quite know what's turning off next.

^ This is more fun when you aren't 25K LY from the bubble with about 70m of uncashed exploration data on board as I was.

You are awesome! Thank you!

Only a fool properly sets their power priorities. A real pilot sets them randomly, so you never quite know what's turning off next.

To quote OG Halo, specifically the officers of the Pillar of Autumn when you're on Legendary, "I'm a cowardly fool!"

Top Bottom