Module reinforcement or hull reinforcements what is the load out u use especially the hard to beat players

Moon dog

Banned
I’m curious as to tho what losdiuts y’all got that play the game
I use viper mk 3 cause I like small ships and got guardian power plant and a 1 guardian grass cannon modded enhanced thrusters with drag drives utility I have point defense and chaff
Optional modded hull reinforcements and not modded module reinforcements 3c shields

I use viper mk 3 cause I like small ships and got guardian power plant and a 1 guardian grass cannon modded enhanced thrusters with drag drives utility I have point defense and chaff
Optional modded hull reinforcements and not modded module reinforcements 3c shields
Are you aware of the sites that allow you to experiment with ship builds?
There is Coriolis and EDSY, it's purely a matter of opinion on which to use.
Either will allow you to see what final effect your build choices will have before committing to buying modules and engineering them.

If you are thinking of PVP you will need a lot more than this, the meta used to be an FDL with a fully plasma loadout, but for a less experienced player I believe multi cannons also work. You are going to meet players who compromise everything just to be able to max combat, a ship full of reinforcements with minimal jump range, no cargo etc., all engineered to the max. You might want to find a player group to help you through this, and also to practice with.

For your build, module reinforcements will protect the modules on your ship, Hull reinforcements protect your Hull. I also believe that the guardian weapons are less powerful against human ships.

If you want help with PvP come to the Haaaands discord, it's where all the PvPers hang out and it's a non-faction place to find others to pew with. You'll get advice on builds and tactics there. We also hold PvP events and it doesn't matter what your skill level is, all are welcome. Like was mentioned nearly every PvPer will be flying a meta ship. Which is the FDL but you can find cope vipers around. Not many people want to fight them though but it depends on your intentions.
If you want duels and to win, fly a meta FDL, Mamba or a dueling bank tank python/krait mk2, if you just want to annoy and harass you can pick something like a viper/dolphin/phantom and build for speed.

Here is the Haaaands link:

Here is the link to the Galactic Combat Initiative server, it's got the very best PvPers giving out all their free advice on everything PvP:

I done lot of PvP, with a lot more win than lose, and only been killed three to four times.
So let me put it this way, it's more about the Commander than the ship and it's build.
Also remember the more heavy you make the ship, less performance you gonna get out of it.

Last time I did PvP was under Distant Worlds

I done lot of PvP, with a lot more win than lose, and only been killed three to four times.
So let me put it this way, it's more about the Commander than the ship and it's build.
Also remember the more heavy you make the ship, less performance you gonna get out of it.

Last time I did PvP was under Distant Worlds
What's your name in game? bring a medium to San Tu :)

What's your name in game? bring a medium to San Tu :)
You got my name... 😏
And lot of times I have a bounty on my ship, probably the reason why I always get attacked 🤔😅

I'm not near San Tu, out exploring for the moment and kind of lost the interest to play the game, waiting for Odyssey coming for Xbox.
And will try to create a new command on PC and level up there.

My hope is, that Frontier coming up with option to use the same account for Xbox and PC, and I'm gladly pay for it.

Hey Moon Dog,
Never met you ingame but prolly will at some point if you like pvp.

Small ships are going to get trashed by any skilled cmndr flying a meta or meme medium but don't let that rattle you, losing is all part of learning.

I love the V3, its like a mini fdl which is the apex ship in game for combat.
Like Piglet said you really should join the Haaands discord and come out and join the guys who use it as a combat centric hub to learn pvp and meet all the guys who focus this as thier prefeferred playstyle.
You'll be made very welcome and learn a whole bunch about ship builds, skills and strategy.

This is my fav Viper build

Feel free to add me my gt is sup3rfluiid

Small ships are going to get trashed by any skilled cmndr flying a meta or meme medium but don't let that rattle you, losing is all part of learning.
Caveat that it does depend on builds, how you fight, and how you define losing.

I've been interdicted in my non-PvP Cobra MK3 by a FGS, but because the speed difference was vastly in my favour i could control the fight.
I could only really damage him by bleeding a little phasing sequence damage in a boom and zoom pass, maybe 1% hull every minute. He obviously trash-talked me in chat about "fighting properly" but i could not lose that fight - yes it would take well over an hour to destroy his ship, should he fight to the death, but he had zero chance of winning because i could always maintain distance to recharge shields, while he could not repair his hull damage.

Personally i still think the most fun PvP was in 3302, with the silent running stealth builds. Hilarious (not)seeing Black Friday DBS's all buzzing about ;)

To OP, yes join a group and get some in-game training and discussion. You might need to make some cash and engineer before being competitive properly.

losing is all part of learning.
Absolutely THIS^^
Personally i still think the most fun PvP was in 3302, with the silent running stealth builds. Hilarious (not)seeing Black Friday DBS's all buzzing about
Sadly Stealth builds are currently dead outside the dolphin..and that get's trashed if your opponent is good with rails. Fdev need to make a cooldown for emmissive it's terribly OP and makes a lot of builds useless. Nightvision ruined all those lovely Black Friday Paintjobs :(
I've been interdicted in my non-PvP Cobra MK3 by a FGS
Sadly I've not seen a proper PvP Gunship for years.
You might need to make some cash and engineer before being competitive properly.
Absolutely need to, we all die a lot in pursuit of fun and getting better! Also may I add it's important to have the right attitude, coming to PvP expecting to be the best and not dying will only make you feel annoyed and frustrated, come with a wilingness to learn and a light hearted attitude to getting blown up and you will have a much more posititve time! Also yeha, engineering is essential for your main build.

We hold unengineered events in Haaands too so there is no barrier to entry for those willing to learn, it's all about getting involved and just enjoying improving your skills :)

Superfulid is a good dude and an amazing pilot. If you meet him he will do right by you and listen to his advice. He's better at it than I am and what he doesn't know about PvP could be written on the back of a stamp with a fat marker! He's also not gonna agree coz he's humble too!!

Moon dog

Banned
Absolutely THIS^^

Sadly Stealth builds are currently dead outside the dolphin..and that get's trashed if your opponent is good with rails. Fdev need to make a cooldown for emmissive it's terribly OP and makes a lot of builds useless. Nightvision ruined all those lovely Black Friday Paintjobs :(

Sadly I've not seen a proper PvP Gunship for years.

Absolutely need to, we all die a lot in pursuit of fun and getting better! Also may I add it's important to have the right attitude, coming to PvP expecting to be the best and not dying will only make you feel annoyed and frustrated, come with a wilingness to learn and a light hearted attitude to getting blown up and you will have a much more posititve time! Also yeha, engineering is essential for your main build.

We hold unengineered events in Haaands too so there is no barrier to entry for those willing to learn, it's all about getting involved and just enjoying improving your skills :)

Superfulid is a good dude and an amazing pilot. If you meet him he will do right by you and listen to his advice. He's better at it than I am and what he doesn't know about PvP could be written on the back of a stamp with a fat marker! He's also not gonna agree coz he's humble too!!
Sure I’ll join

Moon dog

Banned
If you want help with PvP come to the Haaaands discord, it's where all the PvPers hang out and it's a non-faction place to find others to pew with. You'll get advice on builds and tactics there. We also hold PvP events and it doesn't matter what your skill level is, all are welcome. Like was mentioned nearly every PvPer will be flying a meta ship. Which is the FDL but you can find cope vipers around. Not many people want to fight them though but it depends on your intentions.
If you want duels and to win, fly a meta FDL, Mamba or a dueling bank tank python/krait mk2, if you just want to annoy and harass you can pick something like a viper/dolphin/phantom and build for speed.

Here is the Haaaands link:

Here is the link to the Galactic Combat Initiative server, it's got the very best PvPers giving out all their free advice on everything PvP:
Hurry up and die I’m hungry

Top Bottom