Monitor settings resolution

If someone could tell me: I am a new at VR and I own a MQ3 now. Usually I played Elite on my Laptop (i7-12700H 2.70 GHz 32 Gb RAM RTX 3060 Win 11 - 64bit) . My question is what Resolution should I use on my Monitor? Full screen on the monitor and the lenses on the VR Headset is to much for the GPU. What you use?:unsure:

If someone could tell me: I am a new at VR and I own a MQ3 now. Usually I played Elite on my Laptop (i7-12700H 2.70 GHz 32 Gb RAM RTX 3060 Win 11 - 64bit) . My question is what Resolution should I use on my Monitor? Full screen on the monitor and the lenses on the VR Headset is to much for the GPU. What you use?:unsure:
Ideally you should be using the native resolution of your monitor & then base the rest of your settings around that. The 3060 should be more than capable of it.

A more VR specific response: set the screen resolution to the lowest you can if you’re desperate for frames - it won’t save much but it will save a bit. Elite had trouble saving the minimum resolution last time I tried so it needed doing every time the game was started - I think this behaviour was fixed in an Odyssey Update so you may be able to set 640x480 and forget about it now.

I’d recommend Low settings with your Q3 to start off with - the 3060 is having to do a fair bit of work there, and in a laptop form as well. You may have to drop the Link resolution settings as well, if you’re still struggling to get the fps.

Top Bottom