More animals with Piebaldism and Multiple Colour Variations like the Red Fox

Seems like all of those might be pure bred. Expected only the black and tan one and the mostly white ones on the Picture to be pure bred but there are so much more Color Variations.
The first ever painting of a dingo, Portrait of a Large Dog, which was done before Australia was colonised, depicts a black-and-tan dingo, showing how colour variation has existed in the dingo gene pool long before the introduction of dog genes. Unfortunately, despite the fact it's been known to be inaccurate for decades now, Frontier themselves are helping to perpetuate the myth that all pure dingoes are the classical sandy tan colour, given they include this as a "fun fact" in their zoopedia entry:
  • Interbreeding with domestic dogs has resulted in unusual colours of dingoes, such as black or white individuals
This idea has been legitimately damaging for dingoes, as even landholders who support dingo conservation will often shoot dingoes with different colour variation given they're miseducated on their purity. If Frontier won't give them greater colour variation in-game (which I'm not expecting at this point - I just want them to have the tropical and temperate biome tags and chorus behaviour at the very least), I at least hope they could remove this outdated information.

Last edited:
The first ever painting of a dingo, Portrait of a Large Dog, which was done before Australia was colonised, depicts a black-and-tan dingo, showing how colour variation has existed in the dingo gene pool long before the introduction of dog genes. Unfortunately, despite the fact it's been known to be inaccurate for decades now, Frontier themselves are helping to perpetuate the myth that all pure dingoes are the classical sandy tan colour, given they include this as a "fun fact" in their zoopedia entry:

This idea has been legitimately damaging for dingoes, as even landholders who support dingo conservation will often shoot dingoes with different colour variation given they're miseducated on their purity. If Frontier won't give them greater colour variation in-game (which I'm not expecting at this point - I just want them to have the tropical and temperate biome tags and chorus behaviour at the very least), I at least hope they could remove this outdated information.
homie fr do u have a blog or something i love your facts

I really wish Frontier would do better Research. There are also other big Mistakes in the Game. For Example the Social Requirements of the Ring Tailed Lemur, the Babirusa being called a Pig Breed in the Zoopedia for some Reason and others (still can't look it up in the Game yet). Especially a Game that's supposed to be educational and about Conservation should do better. Purebred Dingos are already rare enough so they should really educate better about them.
Also Dingos aren't only limited to Australia but also naturally occur in Thailand. Some People in the Forum claim otherwise but I think the Dingos there were even genetically tested so it's clear that those are indeed Dingos and not just a similar looking feral Dog Breed. I also absolutely agree with the Biomes. I think the Dingo is definitely worth its own Thread, so hopefully Frontier will become aware of it. It's weird to me that they didn't even include the other Biomes
Edit: little Mistake in this Post. It seems like the Dogs in Thailand aren't actually Dingos which seems to have been proven. Thought I'd read the Opposite once somewhere

Last edited:
homie fr do u have a blog or something i love your facts
Nah I just do a lot of reading lol, appreciate it though!

Also Dingos aren't only limited to Australia but also naturally occur in Thailand. Some People in the Forum claim otherwise but I think the Dingos there were even genetically tested so it's clear that those are indeed Dingos and not just a similar looking feral Dog Breed.
This is actually outdated and was based on outward appearance rather than genetics. The "dingo clade" is endemic to Australasia and consists of the Australian dingo and the New Guinea singing dog (which is technically just a small mountane dingo ecotype).
Dingoes were thought to exist in Australia as wild dogs, rare in New Guinea, but common in Sulawesi and in northern and central Thailand. Relic populations were thought to occur in Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines and Vietnam. However, morphological comparisons (based on skull measurements) had not been undertaken on specimens to provide a better understanding.[80] Later DNA studies indicate this proposed wide distribution to be incorrect.
"Thai dingoes" also lack many of the anatomical and behavioural features that distinguish true dingoes from domestic dogs, and just seem to be standard South-east Asian street dogs to my knowledge.

I think the Dingo is definitely worth its own Thread, so hopefully Frontier will become aware of it. It's weird to me that they didn't even include the other Biomes
I've actually considered this! I might make one up when I have the time.

This is actually outdated and was based on outward appearance rather than genetics. The "dingo clade" is endemic to Australasia and consists of the Australian dingo and the New Guinea singing dog (which is technically just a small mountane dingo ecotype).
Interesting. Can you send a Link about it. I thought I've read somewhere that they confirmed it with Gene testing. I'll remove it from my Thread then.
Guess I'll rename my Breeding Center then🙃

I've actually considered this! I might make one up when I have the time.
Already created one
Let me know if I've missed to list a important Mistake

Interesting. Can you send a Link about it. I thought I've read somewhere that they confirmed it with Gene testing. I'll remove it from my Thread then
I don't actually have a link to any specific study, I think the idea just quickly fell out of fashion once genetic testing came into play. Dingoes are likely related to ancient south-east Asian dogs, but many of the traits that make dingoes special, such as their large skulls, extreme flexibility and wolf-like behaviour, have not been reported from these populations and no living south-east Asian dogs are close to them genetically speaking (given their large genetic difference from other dogs probably arose due to a long history of being isolated in Australia and not admixing with modern breeds).

By the way, i just wanna talk about how frontier said that they chose to not give the indian peafowl color variation because they wanted to show the wild type of the animal but now come out with all the red fox fur factory coat colors. lmao
This is also a particularly weak excuse because...we have albino peafowl.

Those only happen in captivity, because in the wild they might as well have a neon sign saying "come eat me" on them. So if they wanted "wild type" only, they'd be removing that.

This feature seems like the perfect tool to make domestic species interesting for more people. A lot of color variation within one species seems to be something a lot of players care about. I doubt the red fox had been as popular if it wasn't for this.

Pygmy goats come in many color variations and patterns. Just add different colors to the piebald system on top of different skins and the amount possibilities would be huge.

This is also a particularly weak excuse because...we have albino peafowl.

Those only happen in captivity, because in the wild they might as well have a neon sign saying "come eat me" on them. So if they wanted "wild type" only, they'd be removing that.
They are leucistic and they probably exist in wild Populations but might not be very long due to the Color. The other Color Morphs exist in the Wild too as I've mentioned but they are extremely rare due to the Fact how Peafowl Genetics work. As I said it's Nonsense. They claim that they want only Color Variations that appear in the Wild but then they give us a Bunch of Farm Foxes (which I'm absolutely thankful for)

I mean, it makes sense given that multiple color morphs are something that they've only been exploring for the past year, with the vast majority of the base game morphs being simply albino/leucistic. If the peafowl were just being added for the first time today, I have little doubt it would come with some fun color morphs too. This first batch of piebalds is the first time they've ever gone back and given a second rare morph to an older species (or a new color morph to an older species at all), to my knowledge. So as long as piebald retrofits are something Frontier intends to keep expanding upon, I think peafowl are probably at the top of that list.

On the note of piebaldism, I really wish the icons weren't so desaturated. I appreciate being able to tell the morph apart at a glance, but the way they went about it is kinda rough looking.

Personally, my biggest color morph wants are the whole dingo suite (maybe I'd finally use them), albino red pandas, king cheetahs, and albino (not leucistic) raccoons. Also I'd love it if the erythristic skunk were more brown and less pale, but that's a lesser concern.

Last edited:
Personally, my biggest color morph wants are the whole dingo suite (maybe I'd finally use them), albino red pandas, king cheetahs, and albino (not leucistic) raccoons. Also I'd love it if the erythristic skunk were more brown and less pale, but that's a lesser concern.
We also need blonde Raccoons, dark brown ones and I think erythristic Raccoons exist too. I've probably missed at least one really cool Color Morph

I would really just like a warthog with grey skin and dark hair along the back
Would really like that one. Aren't their Back Hair in the Game way too short? I bet Frontier could make them way better if they'd want to with the additional Experience they have with Hair now

Top Bottom