Caracal
Puma / Mountain Lion (Cougar
Desert cat
Sumatran tiger
Persian panther
Sri Lankan Leopard
Margay
Amur Leopard

The puma, african leopard, (any) lynx, ocelot, serval and caracal are ICONIC cat species that we NEED in the game. For not so common ones i would love a fishing cat, desert cat, manul cat and asian golden cat.

The cats I still dream about are

1) Serval
2) Caracal
3) Ocelot

Others I would not mind: Puma, Lynx, Manul (Grumpy Desert Cat)

All others aren't really needed in my humble opinion, just not a fan of Leopards, I'm always on the Jaguar's side, and I think Jaguar becomes less special when the Leopard joins the competition.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
Leopards are a must for me. They are my favourite cat species, why I hope they will come to the game one day.
These are the last big cats missing in the game. I hope they are coloured like that you can see the little difference to the jaguar.

Other cats I also would like to have:
Lynx species
Puma
Ozelot
Caracal
Serval
Jaguarundi

Last edited:
C728C648-CFE9-4844-AB1C-712CBD24C037.jpeg

I’d like to see several more cat species for sure. The Caracal would be high on that list. Pumas are a well represented NA zoo animal and will probably be included at some point. All small cat species are a welcome addition imo bobcat, lynx, pallas cat, European wild cat, ect. As for leopards I’d like to see one make planet zoo. The Amur is critically endangered and popular in zoos. Although not very popular I’d even go for a African leopard.
C65571B1-7B63-43F6-9494-AC6709FB8337.jpeg

The only cats I can think of that I've seen multiple times (I'm basing this off of the Houston Zoo) are the following:

1. Puma
2. Ocelot
3. Fossa (not a cat, but it's in the small cats section for some reason)

And that's it. That's all I can remember. But, I would happily take the addition of any Lynx, the Caracal (aka Persian Lynx), and a Leopard to have the complete big cats

Leopards (Amur Leopard is my Favorite) and Pumas really need to be in the Game. I think the Margay would also be a cool Addition due to its Ability to replicate Sounds of other Animals and climb Trees down Head first (is the Clouded Leopard in the Game able to climb like that?). Are Iriomote Cats kept in any Zoo?
Serval and Caracal would also be interesting to see in the Game. I would also really like to see the Sumatran Tiger in the Game even though I don't think many People would like it. The Sand Cat and the Black Footed Cat (I think this one is the most dangerous Cat. Luckily only for small Animals). Flat-headed Cats do also look interesting. But I don't know if they are kept in any Zoos.
Edit: forgot to add some kind of Lynx to my List

Amur or African Leopard, Cougar/Mountain Lion, Iberian/European Lynx, and Ocelot for me, in that order. There's others I'd like to see if we had another 100 animals coming, but with likely less than half that, these four are the essential ones to me.

Amur or African Leopard, Cougar/Mountain Lion, Iberian/European Lynx, and Ocelot for me, in that order. There's others I'd like to see if we had another 100 animals coming, but with likely less than half that, these four are the essential ones to me.
I agree! For me, your 3 first options are a must and I would be very sad if the game ended without them. If I had to pick a 4th one, it would also be the ocelot.

I agree! For me, your 3 first options are a must and I would be very sad if the game ended without them. If I had to pick a 4th one, it would also be the ocelot.
Yeah the ocelot to me is not as essential. I hope we get it, but if we don't I won't be too disappointed either.

Feline dream list:

• Iberian Lynx (eurasian, canadian, too!)
  • Manul (Pallas Cat)
  • Amur Leopard
  • Sand Cat
  • Serval
  • Caracal
  • Puma

But I would love to see Civets as well.

In order of necessity, I'd say that the game absolutely needs a leopard (Amur strongly preferred but I'll take African if I must), cougar, and lynx (no strong preference for species, I'd personally be fine with the bobcat but I know that wouldn't go over too well elsewhere). After that, I think the ocelot would be the next in line... and would you look at that, I'm not even the first one to post this exact lineup. Must mean we're on to something.

After that, though, my priorities would diverge a bit. I'd opt for the fishing cat next, as I've seen them far more frequently than pretty much any other feline you'd see discussed at this level. They feel much more essential to the zoo experience for me than your servals or caracals or Pallases. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see any of these in game! But for me, it's the fishing cat.

Side note, but why's the caracal such a relatively popular choice? I've never seen them in any zoo I've been to, and I don't think I've ever even heard of them even once outside of discussion of this game and my own personal animal research. Is it mainly from being in ZT2? That's fine, of course, and they're really neat looking cats on their own and I'd love to have them in the game, but they strike me as one of those species that seem slightly disproportionately spoken of here.

Lynx and puma would be enough for me tbh. There is alot of cats in game (more than the very much hated bears and dogs).

Lynx and puma would be enough for me tbh. There is alot of cats in game (more than the very much hated bears and dogs).
The problem with bears and dogs, at least in my eyes, is that Frontier sort of stumbled over their own feet with the first few entries for each. We got two subspecies of brown bear for some reason, not to mention all the polar bear backlash. And unfortunately, with the most blatantly visually distinct bears out of the way, each new potential addition is bound to be seen by some as "another" black bear. We saw it for the sun bear, we'll see it if we get the spectacled or sloth or American black varieties. I think most people would just wanna check the boxes for white, black, brown, panda, call it a day.

For dogs, three of our first four were literally just subspecies of Canis lupus (and given how many times I've seen people say that our first three were wolves, it seems like the African wild dog didn't leave a very strong impression either), followed by the somewhat less-than-eye-catching dhole. If, entirely hypothetically of course, we ended up getting, say, a fennec fox in our next DLC pack, or far more hypothetically than that, a maned wolf at some point in the future, I think people would be singing a much different tune about dogs, at least for the time being. But we've got standard wolves, we're totally hypothetically getting a fox soon, then maybe the funny tall one, that "covers" dogs at the most basic level (I couldn't disagree more btw, I need more dogs).

But with cats? There's still gaping holes in the lineup. We're missing household names like leopards, lynxes, cougars, arguably even ocelots. Those people you see discussing sloth bear vs spectacled bear, or most canids besides the fennec and maned wolf? Cats aren't even remotely at that level yet. If there's "too many" of them, then it's simply because there's that many iconic and well known cat species compared to bears and dogs.

The problem with bears and dogs, at least in my eyes, is that Frontier sort of stumbled over their own feet with the first few entries for each. We got two subspecies of brown bear for some reason, not to mention all the polar bear backlash. And unfortunately, with the most blatantly visually distinct bears out of the way, each new potential addition is bound to be seen by some as "another" black bear. We saw it for the sun bear, we'll see it if we get the spectacled or sloth or American black varieties. I think most people would just wanna check the boxes for white, black, brown, panda, call it a day.

For dogs, three of our first four were literally just subspecies of Canis lupus (and given how many times I've seen people say that our first three were wolves, it seems like the African wild dog didn't leave a very strong impression either), followed by the somewhat less-than-eye-catching dhole. If, entirely hypothetically of course, we ended up getting, say, a fennec fox in our next DLC pack, or far more hypothetically than that, a maned wolf at some point in the future, I think people would be singing a much different tune about dogs, at least for the time being. But we've got standard wolves, we're totally hypothetically getting a fox soon, then maybe the funny tall one, that "covers" dogs at the most basic level (I couldn't disagree more btw, I need more dogs).

But with cats? There's still gaping holes in the lineup. We're missing household names like leopards, lynxes, cougars, arguably even ocelots. Those people you see discussing sloth bear vs spectacled bear, or most canids besides the fennec and maned wolf? Cats aren't even remotely at that level yet. If there's "too many" of them, then it's simply because there's that many iconic and well known cat species compared to bears and dogs.

Well we also got 2 tiger species, yet I see alot of people wanting a Sumatran tiger. The potentional leopard? Would behave very similar as the jaguar in game with occasional new animation for sleeping/playing and it looks quite similar. Wasted spot in my eyes, even though people can wish for anything they want, and its a popular one, I am just expressing my opinion, that for me personally, there is enough cats.

Still would like to see a lynx and puma though, no argue there. :)

Lol, there aren’t even any smaller cats yet in PZ, and people find the other big cats which are already greatly represented to be more important.

Poor smaller cats, know that you have my support always.

I mean, I think a second lion or third tiger would be silly, personally. But there's far more distinction between the leopard and jaguar than what you suggest, I think. An Amur leopard, for example, would likely be tagged as a taiga species, which combined with the continental difference would make for drastically different looking habitats. People have also brought up how the in-game jaguar's climbing needs seem to be out of character for the species and in fact are much more characteristic of leopards. Jaguars, if anything, could be argued to have water requirements. Having one species specialize in climbing and the other in swimming would be a pretty major distinction as well. I guess ultimately I simply feel that every single one of the big cats is iconic and important enough to have secured its place in any zoo game. Missing out on any of them would be wrong in my eyes.

And to reiterate, I'm also all for smaller cats. There isn't a single one I'd dislike. The more smaller animals we get, the better. I think that's another reason I'm so keen on the fishing cat in particular, they always seem to be included in my favorite indoor "small mammal" sections of zoos.

Top Bottom