Morons R Us

This is why I never bother trying to re-purpose ships.

Given what we can earn by mining, what's the point in all the hassle of swapping modules around?
A mning ship, in particular, doesn't need a lot of engineering.
Just buy a dedicated ship and leave your mining kit on it.
It has been said before and I say it again, a way to save a ship's loadout would be really convenient. Swapping modules from and to storage and between ships is already unnecessarily time consuming, especially since module stats are still not completely shown or buryied in a submenu with font size 36.
It must have been more important to be able to read those values from across the room instead of actually making all information available on one screen.

Let me go through my Mining for Morons Checklist that I regularly facepalm myself with when out I'm out prospecting and mining.
  • Forgot to outfit a refinery
  • Forgot to outfit some limpets
  • Forgot to outfit a mining laser
  • Thought I outfitted an abrasion blaster, but it turned out it was a subsurface missile.
  • Forgot to outfit a prospector limpet controller
  • Forgot to outfit a Pulse wave scanner
Let us not get into exploration, bounty hunting and forgetting to pack the relevant scanner.

Generally, this is due Real life, as I can play for a bit, power down the game, and come back hours/days/weeks later, and try to recall what it was I was going to do.
I might have walked away from outfitting after I started off a ship or module transfer and believing it was "done" the next time I come back to the game.

But seriously
Limpets.

Last edited:
Mining for Morons Checklist
  • 11% Forgot to outfit a refinery
  • 81% Forgot to buy some limpets
  • 2,8% Forgot to outfit a mining laser
  • 1,2% Thought I outfitted an abrasion blaster, but it turned out it was a subsurface missile.
  • 1% Forgot to outfit some limpets controllers
  • 1% Forgot to outfit a prospector limpet controller
  • 2% Forgot to outfit a Pulse wave scanner
My totally scientific guesstimate of the percentages 😂

I hate limpets.

It has been said before and I say it again, a way to save a ship's loadout would be really convenient. Swapping modules from and to storage and between ships is already unnecessarily time consuming, especially since module stats are still not completely shown or buryied in a submenu with font size 36.
It must have been more important to be able to read those values from across the room instead of actually making all information available on one screen.

TBH, I've always thought it'd be nice if we could sort our stored modules into "folders" which we could create and rename a lot like we do on a PC.
So, for example, you could create a folder called "G5 Modules", "Weapons" or "Shield Boosters" and then put the associated items into that folder.

The trouble is, I guess, that just because modules are sorted into folders, it wouldn't necessarily mean they're physically in the same location, ready to be transferred to a ship.
Course, that could easily be solved by giving us some rudimentary "file handling tools", again much like we have on a PC, which'd allow us to do things like select every module in a "folder" and transfer it to a station etc.

Honestly, I sometimes think that module and ship storage is so obtuse and obscure that it must have been created that way deliberately, perhaps with the intention of creating pitfalls and booby-traps to hinder players.

Honestly, I sometimes think that module and ship storage is so obtuse and obscure that it must have been created that way deliberately, perhaps with the intention of creating pitfalls and booby-traps to hinder players.
I wonder if FDev develops the game in a similar way. That would at least explain quality and overall pacing of the project.

I have to have an SRV Material Gathering Holiday, I went to get some void opals, and I was NOT flying back to the bubble to buy those frickin limpets.
I burned through my mat's really quickly :/

Time nag about that manufacturing module and blue-prints to bulk produce stuff.

Pulse Wave Analyser. Yep.
Limpets. Yep. More than once.
Abrasion Blaster. Yep.
Mining Lasers. Yep.
Refinery. Also.

Forgot them all at one time or another. o_O

But you can all easily forget about the sub-surface missiles. 😉

o7

The converse happens too, when you're done with mining and you've got more credits that you know what to do with. Then you go take a cargo mission for rep and try to fill up with 200T of cargo only to find - 'fornication! I've got 80T of limpets on board!' - at least the embarrassment is short lived..

Top Bottom