Mouse Controller

At present I've been playing the Beta in Mouse mode and I have to say, the default setup is pretty bad - especially for dog-fights. So, after a bit of experimentation I've figured out a reasonable configuration, which I'll share here in case others find it useful.

Flight Settings

Mouse Mode: Absolute Pitch/Yaw Inverted
Yaw Into Roll: On Low Roll
Roll Axis: Mouse X-Axis

Other useful keys are mapped to the Number Pad:

Thrust Left: Numpad 1
Thrust Right: Numpad 3
Thrust Up: Numpad 6
Thrust Down: Numpad 4
Increase Throttle: Numpad 5
Decrease Throttle: Numpad 2

Set Speed to 25%: Numpad 7
Set Speed to 50%: Numpad 8
Set Speed to 75%: Numpad 9

Cycle Next Fire Group: Numpad +
Cycle Previous Fire Group: Numpad -
Deploy Hardpoints: Numpad Enter

Toggle Silent Running: Numpad .
Deploy Heat Sink: Numpad 0

Target Panel: Num Lock
Systems Panel: Numpad *
Radar Panel: Numpad /

Assigning keys for setting throttle to 25%, 50% and 75% is a big help as trying to adjust speed just with the keys doesn't work in dog-fights - you really need to change speed quickly to be able to keep on the enemies six.

After these changes I went from struggling to get past the first Incursion levels, to reaching level 7 in just a couple of attempts.

I'm still keen to find a good joystick - if only Saitek would do the x52 for us lefties! - but for now, I'm quite happy with this setup.

Thanks for that mcouk,
No left handed X52 sadly, us lefties get left out of these things :rolleyes: Whilst we can get away with the joystick to a degree the throttle is moulded the wrong way for us. We're a much smaller market sadly.

Your setup sounds similar to mine except I use the mouse only to fire.

Cursor keys are pitch/roll
, and . is yaw
/ is FA off which is what I mainly fly with
and the numeric keypad are thrusters
enter is weapons
[ is silent
] is eject the heat sink thing
I think I left T and G to be the same.
right alt,right control, keypad 0 and keypad . are the 4 I use to xfer power.

I almost rebound every key. :)

I think your setup is MUCH better than mine as I don't use the keypad 7 / 9 etc I will set it to your settings now I think. Much better. I will change mine now, I think your keypad + and - is also better for cycling targets.

Cheers :)

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
While the throttle is short on travel, the T.16000M is a reasonably priced stick with Hall effect sensors - really enjoying mine (another leftie) - it also has a Z-axis (stick twist) for, in my case, yaw.

Top Bottom