Mouse + ED + galactic map mode + VR helmet Oculus ?

I want to ask – has the problem of using the mouse in the galactic map mode been solved?
Is there any way to highlight star systems on the galactic map and move map in the Elite Dangerous game, which is running in the virtual reality of the helmets Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus S, Oculus Quest?

I want to ask – has the problem of using the mouse in the galactic map mode been solved?
Is there any way to highlight star systems on the galactic map and move map in the Elite Dangerous game, which is running in the virtual reality of the helmets Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus S, Oculus Quest?
I don't have an Oculus HMD, but I do have a Pimax 8K.
The problem with the mouse is that it is a 2D tool but the Galactic map is a 3D environment. That is my understanding as to why the mouse doesn't work well in VR, and I don't know if that can be solved.

I use a HOTAS and in the key bindings have set up my HOTAS to navigate the map instead of the mouse.
Remember to make the grid visible on the map.
I then use my throttle to zoom in/out, joystick to pitch and yaw the galactic plane, the up/down/ side thruster buttons to move about the map, and one of my triggers as the select button. The good thing about Elite bindings is that the same keys or buttons can be used in different screens.
Is it as easy as using a mouse, NO. But I have gotten used to it now (it does take a bit of time), and I don't think too much about it now.

Probably not the answer you wanted to hear, but unless someone knows otherwise I believe that is how it is at the moment.

I tried moving my mouse around in VR (Oculus Rift S) and it does work, it just doesn't seem to "be" where it's actually pointing to, making it really hard/impossible to successfully use it.
The cursor seems to hover very far in front of the objects in the map, far enough that I can't tell where it's pointing to.

I tried moving my mouse around in VR (Oculus Rift S) and it does work, it just doesn't seem to "be" where it's actually pointing to, making it really hard/impossible to successfully use it.
The cursor seems to hover very far in front of the objects in the map, far enough that I can't tell where it's pointing to.
Yes, that's what I was saying above.
The Galactic map is 3D. The mouse is for using on a 2D surface, so although it works to a degree it doesn't work well in VR.
Mapping your Galactic Map controls to a HOTAS, gamepad, or keyboard is currently the best solution. It takes a bit of getting used to and it isn't as intuitive as the mouse when playing on a 2D monitor, but it works and you will get used to it.

Nope and it probably won't be either. Map the controls to your controller of choice. It becomes pretty quick after a while.

Top Bottom