Discussion Multi App start via VoiceAttack

Hello,

I'm new to Elite, not new to space sims, and prolly not new to gaming in general. I've bought Elite back in 2016 with all its season passes and what not, and just like a week ago actually started playing it. I also preordered Odyssee right away. The reason been pretty obvious...right now I feel like I'm never going to play another game again. I was used to play games like the entire X-Wing/Tie Fighter, Wing Commander, X-Universe, Free Space series. Also dozens of different space strategy games, most mentionable Stellaris, Galactic Civilizations, and even sandboxed a bit with Universe Sandbox. No need to mention I'm really hooked up on anything space related. This is why I even more regret to have joined Elite more than 5 years after its initial release. I don't have enough words to spend on how gorgeous this game is. Its look, its scope, its level of realism, its versatility, there's just so many things to love. However, enough of the praise, I'm here for another reason.

Since I quickly figured there's a whole lot of additional hard- and software you can use with ED, I thought I'm going to take my time during this week, installing all the stuff to my preference, and tinkering around with it. I got my hardware configuration pretty fast setup, and finetuned to my needs. I'm basically just using the X-Box controller for flying, and my joystick for throttle control only. The rest is done by keyboard and/or Voice Attack. I'm also using the following 3rd party apps, and browser apps: EDDI, EDMC, TCE, Captain's Log, Inara(Web), EDSM(Web), Coriolis(Web). Anything is properly linked and interacting together in harmony. The Odyssee update did not break anything, which is even better. The only problem for me is, and you maybe already guessing: engaging all those applications takes a relative high amount of time. That's when the idea arose to enable all apps at once with a .bat file. That's when the idea arose "hey, voice attack could do that too". So as a result I have the following explicit questions:

1. do desktop applications for EDSM and/or Inara exist?
2. did anyone else already had the idea of starting up multiple apps via Voice Attack, and if so is she/he willing to share their files?
3. from the above mentioned apps, do I actually need all of them, because I feel some of them have overlapping features?
4. does anyone found a proper way to auto log in into Inara and EDSM, and start those two web beased apps via .bat or similar?

I may be able to help here. I have a few triggers set up to open a Chrome tab and automatically do some things for me. Below are the triggers I have set up and an example of how I set one of them up.

First, examples of the commands I have set up. The triggers will click specific points in the browser to select certain filters in Inara (ie. Interstellar Factors, Repair, Refuel, etc.).
List.png

This example trigger below will open a Chrome tab, navigate to Inara, click on the required buttons to filter for the nearest Interstellar Factor, then run the search.
Actions.png

The parameters I set for the "run application" function are below:
Chrome.png

I don't know if there's a better way to do this or not, but this works flawlessly for me! You can set it to open any site you want, click anywhere you want, etc. If you want to load another application besides Chrome, just point to that .exe instead.

I try to play in VR as much as possible. All these shortcuts make it way easier to do things without having to take my headset off.

Last edited:
Top Bottom