multiple accoutns problem.

so i have now second epic store frontier account and wanted to play alt+main at same time. well epic launcher does not allow me to run game twice so only one game instance..

so i tried the youtube video thing and copied EDlaunch.exe and renamed copy of EDlaunch to EDlaunchALT
and there magic happens

when i login with EDlaunch to main account it asks me to buy game but i am already playing it.
same happens when using EDlaunchALT.. i can launch from epic alt and play it then quit it logout and login with main and play it. so what.

can login to main on epic store and play elite dangerous from epic store, same goes for second account . but edlauncher and edlaunchalt does not so how can i run two accounts on one computer? i want use main to boost the alt. i know i need to make fleet with alt and keep alt docked in station then use main to do sothis-ceos couriers and mining missions.

I think the Epic version requires that it be launched via the Epic Launcher for authentication, so the batch file trick wouldn't work.

but how to swap windows users without shutting down running ED client? will it work? i tried use this tutorial.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ipbpgPaxaQ
but does not work, the EDlaunch and its copy screaming that i need to redeem or purchase game .
i did search on forums for more information and came across account switcher but it wont run,it just exits with error saying that launcher configuration is wrong or layout was updated or something. i have eoungh hard disk space to do some workarounds,just wanted do sothis ceos with alt in fleet to make him buy anaconda in one day. my idea was to have one exploration account and one mission runner account

Never tried it myself (I'm happy to play on one account at a time - or, in a pinch, fire up another computer...), but I heard runas mentioned as the last resort (it tends to become a bit complicated...) in this context. With Win 11 (don't have that), the built-in sandbox might also work.
A short google search delivered http://woshub.com/run-program-as-different-user-windows/ as a source about runas. It's not configured on the PC I'm sitting at right now, so I can't check it, but it looks comprehensive.

Edit: regarding "buying the copy": you might have destroyed the link between your local ED and the FD account. https://customersupport.frontier.co.uk/ should have a few suggestions about that (can only dig through the German articles there right now :-( ).

configured the runas but for me it still wont let me launch game again. if someone can confirm it works or not would be great. im trying just to boost alt to make it afford few ships. unless someone willing to accept "parasite" to fleet/group for few hours,i could fly around in starter systems while someone does robigo runs or something. i want to buy krait mk 2 asp explorer and anaconda.

broken link between local ED and FD account. is it ever possible to break it? i dont think i broke it because didnt mess with accounts,just keept playing

Last edited:
Not my kind of play, but still: what do you have right now? Hauling Cobalt from Aonikenk to Wandrama (40 and a bit ly, 8 kls on one end, 1.5 kls on the other) will still get you 25 kCr./ton, i.e. ~20 Million for a T-9 or 7.5 Million for a T-7 for the next couple of days: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/azimuth-to-expand-operational-assets-trade.610079/

R2R can also give you a one-time boost of up to 100 million credits (it just gets silly after that).

Either is probably quicker than trying to convince your PC to try to run two versions of ED from the Epic launcher.

Perhaps it's related to the current issue FDEV is talking about here (from today's Discovery Scanner, which is here --> https://www.elitedangerous.com/news/discovery-scanner-07112022)

On Saturday afternoon (UTC), some Commanders attempting to enter the Galaxy via Steam were facing an issue whereby their Steam login was replaced with the ‘purchase/redeem’.

• We are aware that this issue has been encountered sporadically before and primarily advise that, should it happen again in the future, that you do not take action against your account linking in order to independently fix the issue but await further information via official Elite Dangerous channels, as to when communication between Steam and the Galaxy has been restored.

You can have only one Elite launcher running at any time.
So after the game starts, alt-tab out of it and close the launcher

The Epic account has to be launched through Epic (create shortcut from Epic also work)

I can triple-log my 3 accounts at the same time (1x steam + 1x epic + 1x frontier), but i do have the game installed 3 times and i obviously have 3 launchers

1667850854425.png

just need max 150-200m so can bring bag of kraits mk2 asp explorers with good A rated mods and eoungh rebuys if something goes bad. yes yes the carrier money transfer could work but dont have one and i know none that could help with this.

issue is when game is running i cant launch another instance even after killing the launcher.

my steps done.

login account A in epic store. launch game,logout from epic store,kill the epic store kill the launcher
login account B in epic store. its displaying in library that game is running.

i have 2 epic frontier accounts no steam,just two epic ones.

so far cant get the second game instance running. both isboxer and sandboxie fail..wen launching epic store from sandboxie it displays elite dangerous as working but no run option. when i close epic store and open the elite dangerous shortcut with sanboxie it gives FL-0018 error.

Last edited:

i have 2 epic frontier accounts no steam,just two epic ones.

Probably a good idea then to find a friend who will seed your newbie area alt and you can recompense them from your main.

There are people that have made money, bought ships and even engineered all with their newbie area account on its own without losing the permit. - I have not done it but maybe some searches on the interwebnet might shine a light on the method. - BTW this is without hacks or cheats, just doing particular activities, don't ask me what, I have not done it.

yes i did search and even asked around in game, well problem is nobody cares to take me for the ride. nobody wants leecher/parasite in group. i could be part of group with my main to do sothis ceos couriers while other members would do their stuff and my alt would sit in safespace to gather all shared profits.

1. player a and b invite player c to group either in open or private session
2. player a and b do missions or blasting npcs in res sites while player c fly in starter systems and avoids ranking up yet
3. the players a and b share all profits from their activity with player c
4. after few hours player c fly to nearest system with ship he wanted,he buys as much as he can afford and modules.
5. goes back to starter systems and move the ships there.
6. ranks up when ready.

i dont have fleet carrier to do the trading thing,and dont know anyone who could help with transferring atleast 1/3 of my credits to alt. got like 600 millions,just need move 150-200 to buy bag of kraits and asps and A rated gear,no engineering just standard A rated stuff.

Top Bottom