Multiple guardian blueprints requrement is wrong in so many ways

But doing a puzzle or reading a book rewards progression and its not repution :D.

On phone o bus missed the QUOTE button

I'm so busy engineering, I've not gotten round to this lot yet.

Sounds tediously familiar.

I'm approaching the point of asking myself why I'm doing all of this. Far Cry 5 has come out, I've not even started Hitman yet nor even Black Flag.

Starting to think there's better things to do...............I'll give it to end of Q4...........

I completed the Guardian story, you know, the one where you need to scan 28 different obelisks through several Guardian Structure bases with 2 different objects each. After completion and doing the lighting the pylons game on every base i went, i got 3 module blueprints and 6/7 weapon blueprints. Even if i didnt want all the weapons and modules i still had to get to two bases, one for modules and another for weapons, and repeat the process several times. It's not fun after doing it a few times.

But its not strange for most players wanting to unlock all modules and weapons. They are the new shinnies on the game and its only natural if people want to try them. Right now, if you still include the FSD Boost, ppl need to repeat the lighting the pylons mini game a total of 56 times!!! Why FD??? It's too much!!

Sugestions:
-Instead of one blueprint give 3 like the rest of the stuff
or
-More blueprint types: Distributor, FSD, Power Plant, Plasma, Gauss. Each base gives one type but Tech Brokers only ask for one. And get rid of the segment thingy.

Deleted member 38366

D
So far (luckily) I haven't bothered with a single Guardian item.

Main Reason : No stats given in-game. Means Game goes like this : Grind Mats/Data to unlock this stuff. Then find out if it's any useful after the fact. Feel free to repeat for any other Guardian item..
2nd Reason : Grind-fest and ReLog-fest that's baked into the process
3rd Reason : I think the closest Guardian Site (of unknown type I might add) is some 11000LY from my location
4th Reason : AFAIK there's virtually nothing in-game telling you which Guardian Site type you'd need nor where to locate it
5th Reason : the Guardian FSD Boosters were the 1st item I'd probably be interested in. Found broken and bugged, not even Alpha-Tested and forms the last point in a long line of Bugs/Issues with Guardian "content"

So for the time being "Tech Broker" remains an unused entry somewhere in the Station Contacts Menu. Don't think it'd be wise nor useful to change that anytime soon.

verminstar

Banned
I'm so busy engineering, I've not gotten round to this lot yet.

Sounds tediously familiar.

I'm approaching the point of asking myself why I'm doing all of this. Far Cry 5 has come out, I've not even started Hitman yet nor even Black Flag.

Starting to think there's better things to do...............I'll give it to end of Q4...........

Just reading through this thread because I wasnt joking when I said I didnt know much about them. The reasons are the exact same as yer own...Im so busy with engineers, I just dont have either the time or the patience to so much as consider even looking at yet another potential grind. In saying that, the engineer grind was self inflicted after ignoring them entirely fer two whole years meaning I only started those from scratch a couple months ago.

Sometimes I dont mind grinding...truly doesnt bother me that much so long as Im in the right frame of mind, but I gotta say, the thoughts of what lies ahead means Im beginning to question exactly why Im bothering at all. Everything seemed so much easier in colonia and laid back...starting to seriously miss the place I have to admit...

Hitman was really good btw ^

To play devils advocate a little here, think of it less as "this is the blueprint for the thing I want" and more "look I'll give you these blueprints I found if you will sell me an option on an actual bit of kit I can use based on the information me and others have brought you.".

I know if feels like it should be more the former but the latter also sort of makes sense. Sort of works with what appears to be the progressive unlocking of more Guardian based tech over time, as more blueprints are traded in there is an improved understanding of their tech and an ability to translate this in to usable modules - its a huge stretch to imagine Guardian tech could be directly dropped in to our ships.

If we wanted to do the former 'properly' you should probably trade in the blueprint for a bit of kit but the kit you get is random (and could be something you already have).

So yes, this is annoying and doesn't seem right. I agree. But I think you can justify it thematically. Perhaps as the tech is normalised requirements could be adjusted downwards on earlier modules types or even removed with those modules becoming a slightly exotic but regularly available type of thing..

Devs would leave these threads flow and they will fix this stupid guardian grind in about a year by saying another classic lie something like: "we value players time".
Till then, they keep their mouth shut about this asian grind type mechanic.

You brought a blueprint. One is enough, I don't need 8 of the same blueprints when I'm making something.

Forced stupid grind of that kind is highly detrimental to my time in ED.

42 guardian power cells/tech components/whatever? Makes sense, a tech at the station would need a stock. And all other material/commodity requirements - name the quantity and I will gladly collect it. I understand the need for parts. But I don't need 20 of the same blueprints. I've made the effort, went to Synuefe, did the routine - don't force me to waste time in the idiotic repetitions.

Sandro please, if you want to engage us in your gameplay do it with common sense. Thank you.

I agree.
If excessive grind is mandatory, then at least let it make sense.

I posted this on one of the other threads but it bears repeating.

I thought I'd look at INARA and see what it takes to unlock ALL the Guardian Technology....

16 Module Blueprint Segment
17 Pattern Alpha Obelisk Data
42 Pattern Epsilon Obelisk Data
123 Power Cell*
116 Power conduit*
73 Sentinal Weapon Parts*
68 Sentinel Wreckage Components*
160 Technology Component*
48 Weapon Blueprint Segment

*Also used in synthesis recipes

And this is why i have stopped playing elite full stop and gone back to flight Sims. I have no desire to grind anymore. This is the grind that broke the camals back.

I'll check back in for the hopeful 4th quarter exploration update, until then my ships will stay docked and I'll happily be flying FW 190's and spitfires over the Kuban.

Spent my free time this weekend earning a couple of weapons and module unlocks; it's roadblock content at its worst.

I can see why though, I think. Right now, FDev have limited resources to spend on Elite; particularly with the launch of JP:E, a big name title that needs to go smoothly for them if they're to continue building a reputation in the industry. They're also attempting to deliver on promises of updating Elite's core mechanics, a protracted process that doesn't necessarily guarantee new content (wing missions are 'new' but they're same-old mission running, for example).

So, we have the new Guardian Ruins: something to keep a portion the playerbase occupied with while they roll out patches and continue to quietly update the game. It's just not viable for them to devote time, money, and resources to creating fully voice-acted personal story missions of the like that 3rd party Voice Attack vendors are offering, because players would blow through that content in an evening and then be back on the forums asking, "what next?" See WoW for how bad that sort of thing goes, where players manage to complete new DLC stuff before the launch stream is over.

I remain hopeful that the Q4 update will have more engaging content.

Back
Top Bottom