Multiple Stations?

I wonder if we will ever get multiple stations for coasters and track rides. I really think it would improve the waiting lines.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I don't think we're going to get multiple stations for rides in Planet Coaster. It may have something to do with how coasters and tracked rides are designed to work in the game, which cannot be changed now that the game has been released.

You're absolutly right , it makes no sense that it's not done yet, while scenarios like gostbusters are secondary and have no interest !

According to you.......

I think multiple stations are fine for aesthetic reasons. Wait times won't really improve that much.

According to you.......

I think multiple stations are fine for aesthetic reasons. Wait times won't really improve that much.

I don’t agree with that. Multiple stations are just like in real life, a trick of amusement parks to increase capacity. Increasing capacity is decreasing wait times.

Loading times will decrease, because the waiting guests can board the empty train immediately. There is no wait for the leaving guests to clear the station (Planco situation). Therefore you can shorten the track between block brakes. There are different possibilities. Big thunder mountain for example, uses two stations parallel for alternating dispatch instead of one exit and one entry station. Just to send trains the quickest as possible on track.

So it’s possible to dispatch trains quicker with an extra station. You’ll probably choose for one or more extra trains on the track with multiple stations. So costs of operation will likely increase on the other hand....

I don’t agree with that. Multiple stations are just like in real life, a trick of amusement parks to increase capacity. Increasing capacity is decreasing wait times.

Loading times will decrease, because the waiting guests can board the empty train immediately. There is no wait for the leaving guests to clear the station (Planco situation). Therefore you can shorten the track between block brakes. There are different possibilities. Big thunder mountain for example, uses two stations parallel for alternating dispatch instead of one exit and one entry station. Just to send trains the quickest as possible on track.

So it’s possible to dispatch trains quicker with an extra station. You’ll probably choose for one or more extra trains on the track with multiple stations. So costs of operation will likely increase on the other hand....

It's not a function I am against.
It indeed would also mean increase of ride attendants thus increase of operation costs. True.

Improved waiting times would depend on a lot of factors though (no. of blocks, block length).

My main reaction was more about the fact Gecaum tells Ghostbusters has no interest from the fans, which would be a bold statement based upon loose sand, I like the Ghostbusters pack, so "no interest" would be a fake fact.

Having an empty train rolling into the loading-station can also serve an aesthetic/dramatic purpose on dark-ride coasters. Never seeing passengers return while you wait in the station hightens the dramatic effect of never knowing IF you´re coming back from the ride.
It would also be great for saving space on single-car coasters. Placing a short exit-station, then have the empty train roll around a 90 or 180° turn into the loading-sation allows for better path- and queue planning.

Well.
It was intended. We had that for a very, very short time in first Alpha. It caused problems, when i remember correct.
Nevertheless it would be awesome to have to get a better flow-rate.
But i guess they have to separate exit- and entry animation at all coasters and tracked rides.
I would assume that means a lot of extra work without generating more money.
Something rather to expect in PC2, when ever that will be.

My main reaction was more about the fact Gecaum tells Ghostbusters has no interest from the fans, which would be a bold statement based upon loose sand, I like the Ghostbusters pack, so "no interest" would be a fake fact.
Hi Luuknoord
I didn't explain myself very well ....!
What I mean is that GB is a VERY specialized add-on, which may not please everyone! While we are lacking " general elements", such as stations with "double-dock" that would allow greater flow in coasters, especially for trains ( mine trains....! So to speak about stations , we need absoluutly "multiple stations " and "double-docks stations" .....That's what I meaned!;)

Last edited:
  • Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
Hi Luuknoord
I didn't explain myself very well ....!
What I mean is that GB is a VERY specialized add-on, which may not please everyone! While we are lacking " general elements", such as stations with "double-dock" that would allow greater flow in coasters, especially for trains ( mine trains....! So to speak about stations , we need absoluutly "multiple stations " and "double-docks stations" .....That's what I meaned!;)

Ah, sorry for the misunderstanding from my side.

Besides that, there is a good side question here:

Need or want?

I would want them. But I don't think i need them. (y)

Well.
It was intended. We had that for a very, very short time in first Alpha. It caused problems, when i remember correct.
Nevertheless it would be awesome to have to get a better flow-rate.
But i guess they have to separate exit- and entry animation at all coasters and tracked rides.
I would assume that means a lot of extra work without generating more money.
Something rather to expect in PC2, when ever that will be.

Did we have multiple stations in Alpha?
As far as I know it never was an option.

Last edited:
In very first one. It was taken out immediately, because it caused crashes.

Maybe i got it wrong and it was only wishing for. :)

Last edited:
I really don't like how it's solved in PC.
I think they made it the complicated way...
n (number of peeps) leave queue line/ n enter path/ next n leave queue line...
They should have separated the station in entry and exit or load/ unload at the same time.

Top Bottom