MWSOG: Milky Way Society of Organics and Geology

Okay then, so it looks like no need to find a POI, just find a planet with Biology or Geology, get close and they will appear. Nice! Pics and Vids incoming....

A CALL TO ACTION:

Some Things To Research

When a Planet says it has Geology or Biology, does that mean the variety we will find on that planet, especially since it seems like there are no individual POI's themselves, this number of notable features has to mean something else now.

How Random is everything, will you find certain types of bio and geos in certain areas of planets more than others.....

A CALL TO ACTION:

Some Things To Research

When a Planet says it has Geology or Biology, does that mean the variety we will find on that planet, especially since it seems like there are no individual POI's themselves, this number of notable features has to mean something else now.

How Random is everything, will you find certain types of bio and geos in certain areas of planets more than others.....

Was just about to try that by heading to an icy area of this planet, game crashed on transition to SC, just logging in to try again.

Yeah, I also noticed that it doesn't seem to give you POI locations anymore. Instead I noticed that the planet was colored green, with some blue splotchy areas. I figured maybe the blue areas might be more concentrated life form regions. I flew into one those areas, and started looking around for signs of life, visually. It wasn't long before I found this site, with quite a lot of variety in it:

h8AUDvz.jpg

E4vM3cC.jpg

lX1E7iY.jpg

Eet4Law.jpg

iSk8SD4.jpg

During testing I flew across the surface of one Geo/Bio active planet, I notice we don't get the blue circles for anything now, that method of indicating a point of interest seems to have been abandoned. In place of that wrecks, artificial constructions and other various interestingly names POI's appear in the nav panel. If there are no blue POI's for Geo and no POI circles for Geo we have gone right back to them being almost impossible to find. I have not found any yet!

Oh yes as part of my testing of the Alpha phase 2 I decided to test the Frontline stuff, I got killed in 2 seconds, but have been sitting waiting for ten minutes to respawn, is it supposed to be immediate or does it take a while until the battle is ended? Looks like I will need to log out to be able to do anything else.

i'm about 7,000 LTS from sol right now and I did notice little blue circles when going to the bio sites. I have to take a closer look.

i'm about 7,000 LTS from sol right now and I did notice little blue circles when going to the bio sites. I have to take a closer look.
Are you playing in the Alpha, if not then this would be the reason you are seeing them. So far, at least in my experience, those blue POI's are not there anymore.

During testing I flew across the surface of one Geo/Bio active planet, I notice we don't get the blue circles for anything now, that method of indicating a point of interest seems to have been abandoned. In place of that wrecks, artificial constructions and other various interestingly names POI's appear in the nav panel. If there are no blue POI's for Geo and no POI circles for Geo we have gone right back to them being almost impossible to find. I have not found any yet!

Oh yes as part of my testing of the Alpha phase 2 I decided to test the Frontline stuff, I got killed in 2 seconds, but have been sitting waiting for ten minutes to respawn, is it supposed to be immediate or does it take a while until the battle is ended? Looks like I will need to log out to be able to do anything else.
Yeah, this is going to be rough. Haha. Guess it's back to finding a somewhat interesting spot and hoping I get lucky, however my fear is that because we moved to the system of having POI's and it being listed how many Geo sites, that without the POI's showing up for them there really is no way to pinpoint a spot especially if a planet really only has say 3 or 4 geo spots according to what the scan says...if you get what I mean. I'm still going to search but yeah, trying to find a single site on a planet if the scan only says there is 1 is going to be near impossible....so i'm hoping there are more sites than what the scan says.

Yeah, this is going to be rough. Haha. Guess it's back to finding a somewhat interesting spot and hoping I get lucky, however my fear is that because we moved to the system of having POI's and it being listed how many Geo sites, that without the POI's showing up for them there really is no way to pinpoint a spot especially if a planet really only has say 3 or 4 geo spots according to what the scan says...if you get what I mean. I'm still going to search but yeah, trying to find a single site on a planet if the scan only says there is 1 is going to be near impossible....so i'm hoping there are more sites than what the scan says.

Ok an update, I can't expect that a Geo signal that says 2 means just 2 Geo sites, but doesn't then supply the locations, the reason being this;

uw0xyMU.jpg

I decided to revisit the location now we have ships, I wasn't sure at the time whether it was Bio or Geo and really had no way to tell, but with the ships came the DSS, so now I can scan a body and determine whether it has bio or geo. For the record this is Adityan B 10 C, coordinates Lat 20.7549. Lon -66.5499 (it's nice we get 4 decimal places now), and it has 2 Geo signals and no Bio, so this is a brand new type of Geo feature! And I can't believe I could possible be lucky enough to find 1 of only 2 on the entire planet! To find easily target Kohler Astrophysics and travel out from there, it's not far, I did it on foot the first time!

It's dark at the moment so I am going to sit here in my ship until it gets light so I can have a good look around.

Ok an update, I can't expect that a Geo signal that says 2 means just 2 Geo sites, but doesn't then supply the locations, the reason being this;

uw0xyMU.jpg

I decided to revisit the location now we have ships, I wasn't sure at the time whether it was Bio or Geo and really had no way to tell, but with the ships came the DSS, so now I can scan a body and determine whether it has bio or geo. For the record this is Adityan B 10 C, coordinates Lat 20.7549. Lon -66.5499 (it's nice we get 4 decimal places now), and it has 2 Geo signals and no Bio, so this is a brand new type of Geo feature! And I can't believe I could possible be lucky enough to find 1 of only 2 on the entire planet! To find easily target Kohler Astrophysics and travel out from there, it's not far, I did it on foot the first time!

It's dark at the moment so I am going to sit here in my ship until it gets light so I can have a good look arounI may n
Nice. I think I'm in that system right now. Might take a look my self. What does it scan as with the composition scanner?

My thought also goes to the number being how easy things are to find, the lower, the harder. That is why when we find a system with 4 or more bio signals it's easy to find anywhere, but when it's down to just like 1 or 2, it's a bit more difficult to find.
I've also noticed that planets that usually have 1 or 2 types of biological signals, it's usually the bacteria type that looks like the squiggly lines on the ground.

uw0xyMU.jpg

It's dark at the moment so I am going to sit here in my ship until it gets light so I can have a good look around.

I really hope they are considering giving us Volcanic cones and Calderas, alongside geysers and fumaroles.

Ok this is looking interesting, after some research (basically flying around in the dark because it's still night here) I have located a second form of vulcanism, and if it is possible to find them flying around a couple of meters off the ground, in the dark at a couple of meters per second in a cobra then they are probably going to be scattered all across areas with suitable geology, here's a couple of image and some location data:

ab90lK2.jpg

XG8IY0M.jpg

I believe the stripe is a graphical artifact and not a geo thing since it appears as a shadow from a different angle.

This scanned as a water ice fumarole, I will go and scan the other one!

Last edited:
Ok I traveled back to my first find, on the way I came across an active vent;

JlYV2rJ.jpg

Curiously enough when I got to the first find it had also become active despite being quiescent when I first arrived, it must be the approaching dawn, it also scanned as a water ice fumarole, so not two types, different versions of 1 type;

BWz2kZ1.jpg

Ok I officially detest the planetary autoland, and have disabled the ADC for now. Despite several times being in a good position to land and pointing right at what I wanted to illuminate with my lights, with the blue landing alert on for a safe landing spot the autoland ignores the fact that I am already over a perfect landing spot and just heads off in some random direction, the first time I nearly lost my discovery because of it, it's not good.

Last edited:
Ok I traveled back to my first find, on the way I came across an active vent;

JlYV2rJ.jpg

Curiously enough when I got to the first find it had also become active despite being quiescent when I first arrived, it must be the approaching dawn, it also scanned as a water ice fumarole, so not two types, different versions of 1 type;

BWz2kZ1.jpg

Ok I officially detest the planetary autoland, and have disabled the ADC for now. Despite several times being in a good position to land and pointing right at what I wanted to illuminate with my lights, with the blue landing alert on for a safe landing spot the autoland ignores the fact that I am already over a perfect landing spot and just heads off in some random direction, the first time I nearly lost my discovery because of it, it's not good.

I am heading for a lighted area of the planet to see what I can find now, maybe a second variety of vulcanism, one hopes!

Looking at the biological stuff, it indeed looks like that the number listed on the FSS (for example, "Biological [7]") is the number of variants present on the planet, and not the number of old POI sites. After all, there are many more than seven areas where they can be found.
So, I would assume it's the same for geologicals. If you can find three instances of them on a planet which lists "Geological [2]", then we'll know.
Or did you do that already? It's a bit ambiguous whether the three above were on the same planet or not.

I really hope they are considering giving us Volcanic cones and Calderas, alongside geysers and fumaroles.
That'd be sooo freaking cool, along with other types of geological formations and what not. I'm excited for full release, and even other phases, especially when I can start extracting things from these sites and handing them in

I am heading for a lighted area of the planet to see what I can find now, maybe a second variety of vulcanism, one hopes!
In a way I sort of like this. While I did like finding fields of geysers, it's was a bit odd that they came that way, I'm hoping you can still find fields but that it's more rare. Looks like i"m going to have to keep searching around.

So, for those looking for Geology, what seems to be the amount of time it takes to find somthing. What is the best way for you in finding things. I feel like they are so small and blend in so well, that flying low with your ship means you'll miss a ton.
I do wish they were more clumped, not as many as before but it seems like now it's only one feature, when It'd be nice to be like 3 or 4 grouped together.

And maybe more spread out, again that could be because they way i'm searching but so far it's like i find a geological site every 30 - to an hour now, which of course just harkens back to the old days of searching, which I don't mind at all but, ugh, I don't know.

Top Bottom