My Elite Dangerous doesn´t find my saitek X-56 pro Joystick

Since a long time i started Elite Dangerous and wanted to use my Joystick but the game doesn´t get the controller. All settings for it are gone and controlls configs are the standart ones. I already tried so many things but the game doesn´t get my X-56.

try selecting the custom control preset and rebinding a control to the stick...….try the key for landing gear for eg currently keyboard L click to edit then push a joy button instead for eg

Have you installed the latest drivers from the Logitech site?. Also, are you using a usb 3.0 connection to your pc or even better a powered usb 3.0 hub?.

Also, are you using a usb 3.0 connection to your pc or even better a powered usb 3.0 hub?.
This, you really want that x56 on dedicated EXTERNALLY powered usb hub. Mine is indeed usb 3.0 but I read somewhere that not all of them make x56 usable, apparently powered 2.0 usb hubs are recommended for this task.

Edit: first question should be really: do windows and Logitech software recognize the joystick and does calibration work, also do buttons test out ok in both?

Last edited:
I found the solution for my problem on reddit forum: Steam controller support is messing things up. I needed to directly run the launcher, and then the joystick was found.

Top Bottom