Elite / Frontier My Emotional Frontier Video (MUST SEE for all frontier fans)

Here ya go,

This is my special tribute to Frontier.

Frontier w00t

This is a personal thankyou to David Braben for Frontier, and Frontier developments for providing us with this excellent community site.

Enjoy and post comments!

Man, since you used the trapezoid scroller you could at least have used the appropriate musical score that goes with it... ;) kids these days... I mean, many blame George Lucas for making the prequels, but John Williams' music has yet to be improved upon. Anyway, nice clip. :)

I only have two special items that I've kept from my original PC gaming days (spanning over two decades now) and those are the original box of Frontier Elite II (with the 3.5" floppies) and the galaxy map that came with it (which I have framed btw, the reason for that was to protect the map and to be able to draw course lines with felt pens on the glass, just like in the movies...). Which reminds me, that copy protection scheme was really annoying... :D I mean looking up characters in the manual, what a wicked way to make us suffer... well, every era had its plagues I guess.

I personally hold David Braben responsible for affecting my life as a teenager. The game was so addictive at the time, it nearly cost me my future. Well, at least it kept me away from liquor, tobacco and fast cars. It got me interested in computers and now I'm one of those so-called computer wizards (or nerds) at work (minus the thick-framed glasses). If anyone had told me I could just post this message on David Braben's own message board back then, I probably would have LOL'ed...

It's a great time to be alive, anyway, enough about me. :D

Carry on.

Still got my boxed Amiga version and a working Amiga 500. Slightly worrying when I think how old they are.

I have the boxed PC version as well.

My Amiga's BIOS battery has leaked and corroded parts of the motherboard :(

But yea, Frontier played a big part in ma childhood, Frontier is like the OG of gaming!

You framed the Frontier map????!?!?!?!??!??!??!?!??!?!? OMG I gotta do that!

Need to find a frame big enough though.

Top Bottom