My first 24 hours

Could one of the Admin bring my Shadow Quest account and join it to this one please this is my Cmdr name I joined here before I could pick a name on PS4 and couldnt use Shadow Quest

Can anyone venture how an Anaconda that we got down to 20% hull and who then managed to high wake is ready to go again after 1 minuit?

Escaped an interdiction by Hans Gruber [NPC]Borann17 Apr 2020, 11:48pm

Interdicted by Hans Gruber [NPC]Borann17 Apr 2020, 11:42pm
Interdicted by Nathan Brook [NPC]Borann17 Apr 2020, 11:34pm
We offed Nathan then submitted to Hans and fought for a few mins befor he cut and ran as soon as I recalled my fighter and low waked he was back again but at 40% hull I decided not to bother

Because NPCs are (in general) not persistent. Reputedly, if they high wake and you follow them with a wake scanner, they keep their stats. On all other cases, it's simply a different NPC that happens to have the same name (and ship).

Yes - if you keep up with them this is true - otherwise they just disappear. Happy coincidence you got two successive NPCs with the same name in the same ship though...buy a lottery ticket

Yes - if you keep up with them this is true - otherwise they just disappear. Happy coincidence you got two successive NPCs with the same name in the same ship though...buy a lottery ticket
No, its the same NPC. I had the same trouble in Mainani and Ngalinn. As soon as they escape combat and you stop targeting them, they revert to full hull, so they are both damaged in the system they jumped to, and undamaged in the current system. Like a Schrodinger's pirate?
It's only when you follow them into the other system that they are in same state they were when they left.

Wouldn't mind that lottery ticket though (y)

Today I decided to put an end to repetative module swopping and increase my fleet so I popped over to a Li Rong station and bought two more Krait 11,s and a Phantom (although that seems to be a Krait with one less large weapon LOL) and Ive fitted out one of them as a unarmed 200T hauler with max jump and range (unengineered) thus after rapid mining in my luxurious Cutter I can yaw one hop to base and swop ships without having to remember what I last did with the modules and my pride and joy will stay with my best fighter load out all ready to go at a moments notice, havnt decide what to do with the third park it in the garage for now

1587546085453.png

Began a bit of mining on April 3rd

Last edited:
IMO Dav's Hope isn't all that important anymore since now you can actually find HGEs when you need 'em.

So after trying locating HGE's for a week, I once again find that Davs Hope is still as reliable as ever and I'm topping up till I'm full. I tried, with no real success to reliably find HGE - using all the agreed upon characteristics, Fed systems, Boom, Outbreak, War, Civil War or Civil unrest. In roughly 5 to 6 hours of seeking I found 3 maybe - so a hit rate of one HGE per 2 hours. Again, for me, its the reliance on these things actually spawning that irks me NOT the grind taken to do it. I, for example. don't care if it takes 10 hours to get the materials I need if they RELIABLY spawn. The issue I have with USS is its entirely RNG that they even show up!

On the other hand for example, I was just mooching through the bubble and I happened upon a system that was spawning 8 - 10 encoded emissions USS continuously. Independent system, feudal, no state. Who knew. In any case I loaded up on mats for about 2 hours in that single system then my collector limpet controller crapped out and stopped working. RNG.

So - Davs it is. After that, I'll be spinning up my combat/utility ship and running some missions to tidy up the remainder of mats I want. 30 Guaranteed materials every 2 minutes and between 3 and 6 data packages. 800 - 900 materials PER HOUR. Easy call for me - yes they are low grade but at that rate who cares.

[WARNING: the next commander to post (or somewhere in the next 3 replies) will post about how they always find HGEs no problem, or how they know where they can go to get HGEs ALL the time etc. etc. which just goes to show that we all have different experiences with ED and the RNG associated with it. Which is kinda the entire problem in my opinion. If they could be reliably found at all times I wouldn't care if they spawned only one or two items a time but hey ho there you go.

EDIT: Updated numbers

Last edited:
Top Bottom