My Journey

My next goal is VR. I believe I have found a version of OpenHMD that supports Windows Mixed Reality in Linux and I have a friend ( a VR Developer ) who is willing to lend me her spare WMR headset to try.

I've parked up for the night in this nebula. I've decided to stay and let Star Step do what she was intended for.

Gratuitous selfie time, this planet appears to be made of green apart from the gas giant. That is very clearly composed of blue.

View attachment 170521
The sidewinder in VR is a glorious experience... Makes the game soo much better..

You can even stand up and do an exterior check of the hull (might catch those pixies in the act) :ROFLMAO:

I'm currently in Rykers Hope. I'm bored. Almost every star I jump to has "discovered by" attached to it once I've honked. I want to move again. This time I've decided to go a ways Rimward and Widdershins into the Outer Orion-Perseus Conflux. It's a shade under 21,000 LY and I'm going to Honk and FSS every system on the way to leave trail of discovery across the galaxy. When I get there I will go back to star hopping at random so see what I see. Still hoping to make some unique discoveries but it's kind of like going through a grain silo to find a pearl that was dropped in there by accident. No way am I attempting a systematic block search of the galaxy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_0007.jpg
    Screenshot_0007.jpg
    1,001 KB · Views: 175
It's been a few days since I last posted and I'm trying to keep the posts down while just travelling. I've had plenty of gin to accompany me and I've done a hundred or so jumps scanning every system and mapping planets of interest which is why it's slow progress. Tonight I was rewarded with my first Earthlike while on my journey to wherever it is I'm going. I can't remember but the important thing is this:
earthlike5.jpg

Luuurvley. Poor old Star Step is looking a little threabare. Those damnable pixes. The most prolific species in the galaxy ( next is space bears of course, fortunetely I've not encountered too many of those, they knock you into a star's coronasphere when you're scooping - they don't like you stealing their plasma ).

I've parkedup for the night on a high G world. I was hoping to land somehwere pink but when I got there it was a bit grey. There should have been a double moon in the sky but only one was above the horizon from where I started.

Screenshot_0012.jpg

I do so love my little Star Step. She is nothing if not valiant.

Just been doing a bit of research - part of the reason I'm out here in my sidewinder was I was hoping to find some new guardian sites and so forth. However I've just discovered that I'm not going to be largely wasting my time if I've not done the Ram Tah missions and got the scanner upgrade that lets me see beacons etc in the Nav Panel.

I was under the impression that sites would show up on scanning planets with the FSS ( the zoom in function that lets you discover bio and geo POIs)

Do I really need to go back and do the Ram Tah missions? I will if I have to.

Top Bottom