My list of must haves on a long exploring trip

Most of us explore in an Asp so I will only discuss this ship here.

I take my Asp knitted with.......
Auto Field Maintenance Unit. The more the better but I take 3 with me.
Heat Sink Launcher. Again I take 3 with me.
An A6 Fuel Scoop.

Everything else is for you to choose but as a minimum these are my favourite toys to take with me on a long journey.

Be safe out there. And make sure you don't take risks heading home with your data!

and than you find an unknown artifact deep in the void, and have no cargo racks...

Last edited:
and than you find an unknown artifact deep in the void, and have no cargo racks...
Sir I have currently surveyed 6,238 system and on the way to the core and beyond. In all my time exploring I have never needed a cargo slot and can make better use of a AFM instead.

But like I said this is my choice and only a suggested loadout. I qualified it with my last statement. Take what you want. I just want people to go and come back safely.

Last edited:
Sir I have currently surveyed 6,238 system and on the way to the core and beyond. .

things have changed, recently, and gonna change even more when 1.4 goes live ;-) that's a reason why i fitted a cargo rack in my exploration Asp finally.

my exampel referred to something that really happened btw.

that said, i also have 1 or 2 AFMU fitted, and a heatsink.

Top of my list is always beer and pizza. Pizza is ideal as its square box makes storage easy, and Galactic Greene King have introduced the square beer bottle, ideal.

I only have one AFMU on me on my current trip. I have had some accidents in the past, but I think I know my way around and don't need more than one just to feel good.

I don't carry any heatsinks. They help, but I could do without them.

I have B6 fuelscoop, I dont see point in paying the premium for the A rated one...

What I DO carry is D3 shields, because the ramming damage after weeks out is more than likely for me ;)

With stuff coming up, I think people are going to need a T9 or something to keep up if they want to do "everything" in the black.

ADS, DDS and scoop are a bare minimum, that's 3 internals.
Going out without a shield is a bit scary, so that totals at 4 internals.
AMFU (I never used them, NEVER, I don't buy them) 2 is optimal (or so I hear), so that's 6 internals.
Buggy will need 1 lvl2 internal (so I heard) so that's 7 total.
Extra ship will use one more, so 8 internals.
Cargo racks for stuff that we find "out there", and not an 8t either, so at least 1 more = 9 internals at least.
And heat sinks are nice too (again, I never used them).

That, ladies and gentlemen, is pretty scary.
Personally... for me... ADS, DDS, FS, Shield, Buggy and cargo rack will do. Good thing I just bought a Python.

Oh... and if Thargoids are going to gank explorers... I think I will quit Elite.

Becuase the great love and attachment Ihave to my Asp, I fly around carrying almost everything.. I don't fit my Asp for exploration and refit it again for combat and then again for .

No! I use one and one only fit for everything! So I don't miss anything back home nor have to worry when out. I am fully kitted, from Laser beams, Shields, Scoop to Mine laser, refinery and AFMU!

If I was to do it all over again, or Iron Man stuff, I would only take an Adder or a T6, scanner, and scoop.... you wont hear about me again!

Top Bottom