My new goal is gathering lots of engineering mats, where is the place to go these days for good mats for trading down or up with?

Unlocking Professor Palin and Chole Sedesi requires 50 Sensor Fragments total. I'm not sure how you would gather those without logging in and out, they need to respawn at some point. Missions with Material rewards need to respawn too. Does it matter that its after 2 minutes refreshing / logging out or 2 days? I don't know. It does make the crafting system feel broken though. I can't fathom the amount of time it would take to accomplish anything significant in the game without using outside sources for reference. Is that intended gameplay or poor design? I think ignoring player relog farming is easy answer to fix the scale of resource gathering requirements. Otherwise, the respawn timer would be several minutes at least.
You can get the sensor fragments without relogging, I did it by driving around and around the thargoid structures and shooting down the thargoid sentinels (the little guys hovering around) who'd drop sensor fragments every one in awhile, and would continually respawn. I think it takes considerably longer than re-logging somewhere but I like the atmosphere at the bases so it was more fun to me than re-log fest.

You mentioned thrusters from FF, did you mean engineering with her or buying thrusters from her outfitting and engineering them?
She sells a special new kind of thruster for small ships called "Enhanced Performance Thruster". You can't buy it elsewhere. You can engineer it after buying. But it's faster out of the box than normal ones.

I'm done engineering all my ships (for now) but my routine used to be:

Farm HGEs in at least 4 different system states, and ALWAYS making sure one of those was a Federation system in Boom state to get Core Dynamics Composites. Nearly every ship build needs Hull and/or Armor engineering. Core Dynamics Composites go super fast when you want those G5 heavy duty mods.

Farm Dav's Hope to fill up on G1-4 manufactured mats. Not having to trade down as many G5s saves a lot of time imo.

Farm Bug Killer. Bug Killer is often overlooked. Three cargo racks with G4 Raw mats, and three scannable comms for Encoded mats. Most of the time, I never had to farm Raw or Encoded anywhere else. The only problem with Bug Killer is Thargoid Interceptors appear and annoy you by scanning everything on site. They aren't hostile, but you'll get sick of them after a while.

Farm Cubeo 3A for Selenium. Selenium is another biggie. It's used for Shields, Efficient weapons and other engineering mods. I would end my farming run by going to Cubeo 3A and getting a couple dozen Selenium in my srv, the old fashioned way.

The final step was going to material traders and exchanging mats for what I needed most for the current build. I never had to make more than one round trip to fully engineer a single ship.

She sells a special new kind of thruster for small ships called "Enhanced Performance Thruster". You can't buy it elsewhere. You can engineer it after buying. But it's faster out of the box than normal ones.
Thanks, I have the Eagle up to 723 and I just thought I had ever gone fast before, lol.

I had no idea she had the thrusters.

I think I'll put a limpet controller and lots of limpets in the Vette and go do the same. I am glad there is more than one way to do things, it keeps it from getting too boring.

I sometimes take the Vette with a limpet controller. Sometimes I'd take the T10 with limpets instead. Manually scooping mats in the T10 requires a very steady hand because of the placement of the cargo hatch.
On the other hand if I want to fly something smaller, the Vulture kills things pretty effectively and scooping with a ship that small is trivial and fun.

Sometimes, but sometimes they'll give you a mix of Proto Light and Proto Radiolic Alloys.

That said it's the faction state of the HGE that matters not the system, so boom state systems can still give no state HGEs.
While it's better to try and collect both Photo Heat Radiators and Imperial Shielding as two separate things, you don't actually need do so. Either one can be traded in for the other at a material trader at a rate of 6 for 1. So if you had no Photo Heat Radiators, but had 100 imperial shielding. You can trade 6 imperial shields for 1 photo heat radiator, and vice versa

When in Colonia, I spotted there are no Imperial systems out there. So I had to collect Photo Heat Radiators and trade them in for Imperial shielding to do some engineering while in Colonia

Top Bottom