My PC configuration is good for PlanetCoaster & other games ?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Hello today I come to show the configuration of my PC that I would love to buy PlanetCoaster.

Total price: € 1,120.00

Intel Core i5-4690K (3.5 GHz): € 255.90

[h=1]DDR3 Kingston ValueRAM, 8 Go, 1600 MHz, CAS 11[/h]

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO: € 33.90

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 XTREME, 4GB: € 419.90

Samsung Series EVO 850, 120 GB SATA III: € 69.90

Asus Xonar DX: € 74.90

More Zalman Z3 Black: € 47.80

Cooler Master B500 v2, 500W: € 49.90

Microsoft Windows 10 Family, 64-bit, OEM - DVD Version: € 124.90

Thanks for your help :)

Last edited:
I expect the minimum specs will be around:

Processor: Quad Core Processor (>2.0Ghz)
RAM: 4GB
Video card: GTX 460 or better

I'm sure (for 99,99%) you can play Planet Coaster with your system :) But what do you mean with other games?

Are you trying to tell me that my Windows 98 won't play Planet Coaster? [cry][cry][cry][cry][cry][cry][cry][cry][cry][cry][cry][cry][cry][cry][cry][cry][cry]
Now where did I put my savings account book

I'm sure (for 99,99%) you can play Planet Coaster with your system :) But what do you mean with other games?

Minecraft

Brett C

Frontier
What is the maximum amount of money that you're willing to spend on a new machine? We can build around that.

This is my current machine's specs:
QgSXRW5.png

RAM:
buOVXI3.png

It plays most games silky smooth. Late 2016/2017 will be around the time that I upgrade this machine.

Brett C

Frontier
If you can afford it, go for a 256 or 500/512GB SSD. Additionally, for ram, 32GB is actually worthwhile these days on games that are 64bit. Cities Skylines is a massive ram hog for example.

Based on what they've said that seems about right...essentially Elite: Dangerous' requirements + a little extra

Other games....probably RCTW

The NVIDIA GeForce 970 GTX is the best graphic card you can buy at the moment. It has the best price/performance and is the most popular one right now. (source: http://www.futuremark.com/hardware/gpu)
I have 2 of them in the MSI-Edition and they are absolutely amazing.

With the change to the 8 GB RAM your system is completely fine for the next years.

Edit: So @Brett C. What are the recommendations for a PC to play Planet Coaster comfortable? My girlfriend has a MAC and maybe she needs to play with bootcamp (windows), depends on if the game will be released on mac or not. The MacBook Air is from mid 2012, has onboard 1,5 GB, i5 with 1,8 GHz and 4 GB RAM. I need to know if this is enough, because she wants to buy the game right now.

Last edited:
The NVIDIA GeForce 970 GTX is the best graphic card you can buy at the moment. It has the best price/performance and is the most popular one right now. (source: http://www.futuremark.com/hardware/gpu)
I have 2 of them in the MSI-Edition and they are absolutely amazing.

With the change to the 8 GB RAM your system is completely fine for the next years.

Edit: So @Brett C. What are the recommendations for a PC to play Planet Coaster comfortable? My girlfriend has a MAC and maybe she needs to play with bootcamp (windows), depends on if the game will be released on mac or not. The MacBook Air is from mid 2012, has onboard 1,5 GB, i5 with 1,8 GHz and 4 GB RAM. I need to know if this is enough, because she wants to buy the game right now.
I dont wanna talk for Brett C but I guess it's impossible to know what the minimum specs are since the game is still in developpment, but you can take the system requirement from Elite:Dangerous as reference (they may be close)

Minimum recommended hardware specification:

• Direct X 11
  • Quad Core CPU (4 x 2Ghz is a reasonable minimum)
  • 4 GB System RAM (more is always better)
  • DX 10 hardware GPU with 1GB video ram
    • Nvidia GTX 260
    • ATI 4870HD
  • Internet connection
Supported Operating Systems:

• Windows 7
  • Windows 8.x

Last edited:
I dont wanna talk for Brett C but I guess it's impossible to know what the minimum specs are since the game is still in developpment, but you can take the system requirement from Elite:Dangerous as reference (they may be close)

Minimum recommended hardware specification:

• Direct X 11
  • Quad Core CPU (4 x 2Ghz is a reasonable minimum)
  • 4 GB System RAM (more is always better)
  • DX 10 hardware GPU with 1GB video ram
    • Nvidia GTX 260
    • ATI 4870HD
  • Internet connection
Supported Operating Systems:

• Windows 7
  • Windows 8.x

But they know what the engine of that game is and the limits. Therefore should they know the specs for that game.

With the requirements from Elite:Dangerous she would be able to play. Depends on if the MacBook doesn't lose any performance due to bootcamp.

Last edited:
But they know what the engine of that game is and the limits. Therefore should they know the specs for that game.
Well, I can make many differents games using the same engine, with differents minimum specification at the end.

But yeah, between these two specific games "Elite Dangerous" and "Planet Coaster", I think this will be the same.

With the requirements from Elite:Dangerous she would be able to play. Depends on if the MacBook doesn't lose any performance due to bootcamp.
I cannot help here. I'm not a Mac user ... [sad]

take a r9 380x instead of a 970

I would go for a Nvidia, less power, better drivers and less hot as an Nvidia card

I buy me 3 day's ago a early birds day present [big grin]

0TpP956.jpg

Etb2WK2.jpg

4tV74pj.jpg

I used my old cooler i think stile the best,a bit heavy 860 gram
1259608182.jpeg
and case .

And Brett thanks for the tip nice program (Speccy)

Last edited:

It's actually the opposite. Games run/look better on bootcamp than they do on OS X. -or at least did. I haven't checked the latest operating systems.

When playing via bootcamp you aren't emulating a windows computer- you are using a windows computer- so the performance won't suffer like it would when playing via parallels or another virtual PC.
As long as she meets the minimum requirements she'll be fine.

....but will she really be able to enjoy the game with everything set to "low?"

....but will she really be able to enjoy the game with everything set to "low?"

I know that bootcamp is not a VM. But I'm wondering about the drivers... like the GPU for DirectX.
We still play the first RCT and we enjoy it. So if Planet Coaster runs on low settings, she will definitely enjoy it as much as with RCT. Graphics are not the main reason to enjoy a game, even if Planet Coaster has very good graphics to give you a nice feeling while you're playing. But it's still not the graphic that makes you play a game for like 100 hours... it's the content.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom