Ships My personal CZ Grind Defender Type-10 Win the battle, win the war. The Mean Beam Machine "Colossus"

Hello all. I want to state that I understand that other ships can do it better. This is not about the best ship does x. This is for those who love the Defender, and wants a fun build.

Shield: 8C Biweaves (Reinforced) I love how they charge quickly, which is usually what you want in a CZ because of the attrition factor. Just do not engage if you need to recharge as the Defenders shields are not impressive.
Power Plant and Power Distributor: Overcharged and Weapon Focused. You will see why I went with weapon focus when we get to weapons.
Thrusters: Dirty Drags are really the only option to help with pitching. You really need the help.
Hardpoints: EVERYTHING but on 3C is an Efficient, Thermal Vent Beam Laser + 1 3C Long Range, Thermal Vent [All turrets]
There are several reasons for this: you never have to reload. That should generally be the reason you have downtime out of CZs. Instead of having to go back to the base to reload, or using material to synth, you are a Mean Beam Machine. You will melt shields like you dropped a shield torp. And all the beams combine really do work on the hull too. Plus, as they are all thermal vent, you are sitting at 2% heat most of the time. I put the long range in there to help finish off runners, and, more importantly, to snipe a little damage on someone who is about to die so I can get credit on my stacked massacre missions. I can constantly fire all beam turrets for about 15 seconds before my distributor is drained, but even if it is fully drained, I can still fire 5 beams constantly.
The sight is a thing of beauty. You also have to go turreted in the type-10 to really help with turning and ToT issues. You also could have real fun and switch to fire at will and just fly you SLF.
Utilities: I have all thermal resistance shield boosters for all the slots just to help with the low shield strength.
Optionals: I use a size 7 CSB just in case I need to pop it. I do not carry a heatsink because the beams cools me off VERY quick. And my size 6 is my SLF hanger because I like to always have a fighter with me.
Size 5 guardian FSD booster just to keep me at a 31 ly range
The rest of the modules you can fit what you want, I always usually have a ASFM in a 3 slot, and the rest with HRPs and MRPs. That way if they do get through the shield (which never happens for me) They have ~5000 hull to deal with.

Link here if it helps: https://s.orbis.zone/698v

Last edited:
The first time I got into my type 10 I knew, this was where I was meant to be. Other Cmdrs hate it and mock it but for me it's the best ship in the Galaxy and I've used it as a daily driver for well over a year. It is by now engineered completely for taking a hammering and handing out a thrashing with beams, multis and missiles and the only thing that can end it in a haz res is bedtime.
I filled the T10 with everything you would possibly need for long term survival along with all my favourite toys and utilities and took it to Colonia for an engineering refresh stopping after at Sagittarius A* for selfies. Man what a journey! I've reached Colonia and Sagittarius A* much more quickly in other ships but when I've arrived my first thought is always "where's all my stuff and why do I feel so under dressed" I could go on about my T10 (ultimate total G5 edition) for hours seeing as I've spent the best part of a thousand hours flying it but I'll end it here and echo the sentiment of the thread by saying, I love me some T10 yeah!

I've met (PVP) a T-10 with many torpedoes to remove shields from Cutter and Corvette.
He's got a lot of hardpoints and he's cold enough to fill you with torpedoes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom