Parks My pirate themed park

Hello,

after playing around with the themes, i focused a bit on a pirate theme. I did some parks in western and fairy tale style, saw that sci-fi is not my forte and started my project as Port Aydan.

Unfortunately i hit the trigger bug, which is lowwering the EFN ratio, and that was a bit of a disappointment as a lot of fun comes from creating impossible, gravity defying, but still ridable coasters.. at least for me. In this park i started by creating a Steel Hydra shifted in an angle of 45° to fit onto a hill side. The town below, with docks and the backyard park, grew step by step until i was bored and started to create a triple loop coaster. The loops are entangled and placed almost on top of each other. As i don't like mile high suspension, and the coaster layout is clearly to high to be realistic, i decided to do this one in a volcano like mountain. The result is not too bad ;) But you can imagine that it's not very encouraging to see your hard earned EFN ratio drop, just because you place the special effects... and you can imagine that there are several ideas tailored to a volcano coming to my mind ;) Anyway, hitting this point so far, i'd like to share some pictures while waiting for the patch.

kPYhiy6.jpg

This is the dock side in broad daylight

q7z9gkR.jpg

Same view at party time ;)

PMTFYHL.jpg

Main Plaza

uL6usxo.jpg

zX9243T.jpg

The 45° shifted Steel Hydra day and night...

ydX9nw5.jpg

Triple loop coaster station

mIylUBs.jpg

Triple loop coaster inside the volcano crater

Tl0bTti.jpg

The Backyard of the dock side, kind of a park/town/village mixture with several flat rides

It has been a while, and the last update seems to have solved the problem of degrading coasters. So i did some more work and almost finished the park. There'll be always some points and areas which can be improved, but this park is pretty much finished. So for the final show, i did some screenshots and uploaded the park to the workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1254842911

And here are the screenshots. I took the majority in broad daylight. A park brightly lit in the dark looks always way more pretty, but you can see a lot more details in daylight.

The coasters: (Flibustier, Bucaneer, Krakatau and Zyklon)

Flibustier

Bucaneer

Krakatau

Zyklon

The pirate fortress

Impressions from the city

The Garrison/Entrance (Hub for the two underground lines)

Overview

To give a better impression of the coasters, i did a first person video of the Zyklon Coaster.

[video=youtube_share;iknfd7XquPg]https://youtu.be/iknfd7XquPg[/video]

After i got bored a bit by just using the pirate theme, i started a new project.

This time it should be a fairy tale theme, because i loved that already when i played the missions a loooong time ago. I started with building the train station as the core, defining roughly the areas around. The first area after building the train station was "Koboldingen". That'd be roughly translated as Pixie-Town... probably with a pronounciation like Pictsy. It's the north western area in the overview. South east you'll find the train station an the castle. The area south west between the castle and Koboldingen contains two roller coasters. One, which is above ground, and starts in Koboldingen, and one which is almost completely below earth and starts in the castle. That's what i'd like to show.

Overview:
xYTYErH.jpg

Inside the train station (older picture)
utWpvPQ.jpg

A view from the station towards the castle
V223ygs.jpg

That's an example how it looks like between Castle and Koboldingen. It's way more to see than just that, but it's the last area i finished ;)
Uff1I73.jpg

These screenshots were taken in Koboldingen... a little bit forestal area.
UpZ2QZ7.jpg LGbpalc.jpg

This is the view from the station of the underground roller coaster.
0zEdmVL.jpg

....and the last one is from the hotel/restaurant "Bei Anton", to show a bit of the building style. A bit of "Munich" style ;)
w0RFbG7.jpg

Top Bottom