My theory is active development is over

We should be seeing activity on steam DB by now relating to a new DLC but there is none. They would have started working on the next DLC right after Ghostbusters. But the game still feels incomplete to me. There are still rides missing like a giant splash flume with steep drops, a Gravitron, a Rockin' Tug, Thunder Bobs, Sky Swing, Slingshot, and more. I think Frontier is moving on to Planet Zoo and leaving Planet Coaster behind.

If they are still supporting the game then why haven't they worked on more content for over a month? There is zero evidence that there are any more DLC's coming.

Then why is there no indication of any new development activity on Steam since Ghostbusters? Are they simply taking a break and we could see a new DLC this fall? Maybe Oct/Nov/Dec. But an all rides DLC would take at least a few weeks or more to develop.

I don't think every activity of the dev team is registered at Steamdb, they might just be working on it without updating Steam. As far as I recall, Steamdb usually picks up activity just about two months or so before a DLC is released.

Anyhow, I don't think we're done just yet. We might not get much anymore and perhaps there'll be more time in between DLC from now on, but if Frontier is done with the game, I'd think they'd just say it - and go out with one last hurrah.

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
I don't think every activity of the dev team is registered at Steamdb, they might just be working on it without updating Steam. As far as I recall, Steamdb usually picks up activity just about two months or so before a DLC is released.

Anyhow, I don't think we're done just yet. We might not get much anymore and perhaps there'll be more time in between DLC from now on, but if Frontier is done with the game, I'd think they'd just say it - and go out with one last hurrah.

I would expect that that steam activity only appears later in the stages of development activity. When you develop software you have branches of code (copies), and this may not be pushed to steam db until a later date when required (perhaps the later stages of QA or UAT). The first changes are made locally on your computer and synced with a source control software which allows you to work collaboratively. I don't know a lot about stream dev, but I don't think it acts as source control. I would guess QA would be done before this point.

No matter what, a developer needs to keep its customers informed on their products if they ask about them. There are two ways to look at this. one.. Seriously it's just a game right, so whatever... Two..what does it hurt to tell us what is going on, good or bad? If people are asking, they should be telling. That is just good business. Again, it's just a game to us... maybe not to the investors...in the end money rules. .

My theory is that there is a PlanZoo related content drop planned for the PlanCo anniversary.. Think assets, building pieces - Things that are cannon with the universe of PlanZoo that ARE backwards compatible into PlanCo; not relying on the new engine.. We wouldn't need to see any activity on SteamDB until closer the time and they wouldn't want to lift the lid on any of this until PlanZoo is out.

a developer needs to keep its customers informed on their products if they ask about them.
:ROFLMAO:

My theory is that there is a PlanZoo related content drop planned for the PlanCo anniversary.. Think assets, building pieces - Things that are cannon with the universe of PlanZoo that ARE backwards compatible into PlanCo; not relying on the new engine.. We wouldn't need to see any activity on SteamDB until closer the time and they wouldn't want to lift the lid on any of this until PlanZoo is out.

That would be fantastic. I like the scenery in PlanZoo.

No matter what, a developer needs to keep its customers informed on their products if they ask about them. There are two ways to look at this. one.. Seriously it's just a game right, so whatever... Two..what does it hurt to tell us what is going on, good or bad? If people are asking, they should be telling. That is just good business. Again, it's just a game to us... maybe not to the investors...in the end money rules. .
Then look in their recent financial report. No mention of closing down any of the projects - good figures on all AFAIK. Normally when fdev end-of-life a product they announce it - and I haven't see that yet.

Then they must be taking a break from Planet Coaster for a bit. Maybe they are working on content behind the scenes. Perhaps there will be something between October-December.

I hope Planet Coaster is not finished because there are still a lot of things missing
I am personally waiting :
  • Topple Tower
  • Slingshot
  • Matterhorn
  • Smashing Jump
  • Take Off
  • Flipper

Top Bottom