Native in ship audio player.

Would love a natively supported, in cockpit audio player, in place of(or part of) the Galnet player. Would be awesome to load up my podcasts and/or soundtracks to play while nagivating the black. I completely understand I can play 3rd party audio in the back ground, but the immerrsion level is zero in that regard. Seems to me adding an actual in cockpit player would surely not be a huge effort .... for a fantastic gain.

Thanks, as always, for your consideration.

I remember asking for this back at the beginning of the game. They could even choose to support only open source, legally unencumbered, formats such as FLAC or Ogg Vorbis, and have zero licensing/cost issues. The days of MP3 being the only used file format are long gone.

Before the inevitable train of "But you can just use a music player or spotify or youtube or... outside the game!". That is not remotely the same thing. Having the audio in the game means it can be affected the same way in game comms and galnet currently are, they are part of the game's audio soundscape.

Now that I think about it you could even monetize this, seeing as everything seems to be about how to monetize the game right now. Every ship comes with a basic sound system, a bit tinny and thin as one might expect form a crappy came-with-the-car system. Now you could sell after-market sound system upgrades for ARX so your Mamba can wake up the neighbours so to speak—or at least feel like it would be—as it screams past :cool:

I remember asking for this back at the beginning of the game. They could even choose to support only open source, legally unencumbered, formats such as FLAC or Ogg Vorbis, and have zero licensing/cost issues. The days of MP3 being the only used file format are long gone.

Before the inevitable train of "But you can just use a music player or spotify or youtube or... outside the game!". That is not remotely the same thing. Having the audio in the game means it can be affected the same way in game comms and galnet currently are, they are part of the game's audio soundscape.

Now that I think about it you could even monetize this, seeing as everything seems to be about how to monetize the game right now. Every ship comes with a basic sound system, a bit tinny and thin as one might expect form a crappy came-with-the-car system. Now you could sell after-market sound system upgrades for ARX so your Mamba can wake up the neighbours so to speak—or at least feel like it would be—as it screams past :cool:
Totally agree. I kinda feel like this is a very obvious upgrade to ED that should have been done a long time ago, given the nature of the game.

Every ship comes with a basic sound system, a bit tinny and thin as one might expect form a crappy came-with-the-car system.
On reflection, why would I want to listen to music out of that? This actually sounds like a feature I'd tire of pretty quickly and then switch back to the standard Spotify app.

Would love a natively supported, in cockpit audio player, in place of(or part of) the Galnet player
I'm wholly behind that - as an option on the Galnet player it would be great.
Nah, I listen to music on my hifi system - it would be great if my neighbours didn't have to listen to JM Jarre or Pink Floyd for hours on end... I'd quite like the game to be 'over' my choice of audio, it then becomes part of the game.

Nah, I listen to music on my hifi system - it would be great if my neighbours didn't have to listen to JM Jarre or Pink Floyd for hours on end... I'd quite like the game to be 'over' my choice of audio, it then becomes part of the game.
I'm confused. You start out like you are disagreeing with my point but finish up sounding like you agree? o_O

I did for a while use a VLC skin (by @OnkelAmok) which gave a neat in-cockpit player, I have not used it for ages but it came from an early thread:

Oh having some banging tunage whilst ganking, pirate bashing, pve wholesale slaughtering, or just plain old 1 to 1 duelling, would be awesome.
As it stands atm I just use an external source. With ingame music off obviously.
Quite why it isn't in the game is beyond me.
Fix thus!

I probably wouldn’t use this as I like being able to pick up cues from the ingame audio.
I enjoy the ingame, background soundtrack immensely. But I guess that's the issue with NOT having an ingame player. I love to listen to podcasts while I am flying in the black. Currently I have to use a third party player in the background, which mean whenever game events are happening it just keeps plugging along at what ever volume it's set at, ignoring anything happening around me. With an ingame player, it would pause/mute whenever game events occured, just like the Galnet player does. Which would add even more to the immersion.

Definitely a feature I would welcome, although I'm curious as to how it might be made to work. Do most people still collect music files and store them locally these days?

Top Bottom