General Gameplay Nature Decorations

I would love for this to be an update, like basic decorations. And then we get more advanced ones in dlc's I am cool with that, I would buy those extra dlcs.

I would be more than fine with more decor in later updates, but if that would be the case I would like them to tell us that so we know what to expect/not expect. Hoping they have a big update/dlc soon and hope to god its the big decor pack we all really want and need.

Exactly. They've been pretty vocal about not planning any marine or avian DLC for example, but quite silent about a expanded decoration tool. I'd be very surprised if they didn't include this in the next updates. Can't think of any reasons not to.

Exactly I think the same... Cross fingers

I think the silence might have to do with the fact that they've pretty much proven that they're exceptionally good at customization features. Planet Coaster is unparalleled to anything else (that I've seen) for unleashing creativity in the player.

When this game was announced, my excitement was centered on the fact that Frontier were the ones doing it - because of what they've done with Planet Coaster. If we got that level of customization in this game, well, I might as well uninstall everything else I have on Steam.

If we got that level of customization in this game, well, I might as well uninstall everything else I have on Steam.

I agree! I think this is a very important aspect of the game we've lost since the release and that can add tons of replayability to the game

I agree! I think this is a very important aspect of the game we've lost since the release and that can add tons of replayability to the game
i think that at the moment this is the most important thing requested and what we need is tall fir for a trias version for diplodocus

i think that like me most of you would like to have a giant map which we could create are own site B and i think breeding will be such an improuvement and will make this game the greatest game in a world to me and to a lot of people so i think new terrain tools will be a great think as well, this game as such beautiful and illimited possibilities that we all dream of, small dinos will be welcome in the game and new diffent kinds as well, please frontier listen to your community and put us stars in the eyes, i have 230 hours in the games, and i know

When will we have news on the next update and DLC? I dont care if I have to wait longer for it to come out but at least let us know what they will entail. It is getting really hard to have discussions on this forum when we do not even have an idea as to what is in the imminent future.

When will we have news on the next update and DLC? I dont care if I have to wait longer for it to come out but at least let us know what they will entail. It is getting really hard to have discussions on this forum when we do not even have an idea as to what is in the imminent future.

I get where you're coming from, though its nice that Frontier has at least announced upcoming patches unlike other companies just releasing them out of the blue (or even not at all). Judging on the spaces between previous patches, hopefully within the next few weeks something may be announced/released. The patches seem to come out every 2-3 months or so (a minor one was released a couple weeks ago with their stegosaurus contest though). They also got other games too that they're working on, so of course they got other priorities (unfortunately for us JWE fans) than a game that's already been released for 6 months.

Granted if they are working on making new decorations, remember it takes longer to design and implement textures for trees/paths/buildings etc. than writing lines of code to fix/add other nice user requested features. Hopefully since they know we've been wanting this since the game has been released, maybe the next patch we'll see some new stuff (fingers crossed).

Remember this is just my speculation; good things come to those who wait. I've gone back to games after a while of not playing them and lo and behold a feature was added that definitely added some additional gameplay; hope it holds true here at some point in time too.

(Please don't come after me if I'm wrong; I just want to contribute my 2 cents cause I'm being hopeful as the next fan is on them releasing something.) :p

Spamming some more comments so this suggestion does not go unnoticed. Decorations are a must, and this game needs them sooner or later. Specially for Sandbox, since it's there where and when all creativity breaks loose. :)

Agree 100% the lack of variety or options in terrain tools really limits creativity and the game feels repetitive when every enclosure looks the same. I mean there’s only so much you can do to make each one look somewhat unique and even then, not really. Zoo tycoon 2 is a perfect example of what jwe’s terrain system should be modelled after. Half of the fun of a zoo creator-type game should be making the enclosures themselves. It adds another level to the game that on its own gives it more of a replayibility factor and allows players so much more creative freedom, which is what this game is all about. By far this is the most important thing that the game so desperately needs and would literally make it 10 times better. The team is really great about listening to the community and their suggestions, which I love to see but I just really hope they have something like this is planned for a future update or this game could die fast.

Trees and plants are a must that are in dire need of variety in this game and I think that we should also consider trees and plants that are also prehistoric and also seen on the series Walking with Dinosaurs.

Trees:
1. Aracaria Araucana-Chilean Pine Tree.
As seen on The Walking with Dinosaurs episodes involving the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
2. Redwood forest.
this species of tree is already Canon thanks to the movie The Lost World Jurassic Park and this would definitely be a fantastic addition.
3. Fern Trees.
Found in both New Zealand and Australia these trees with serve as a valuable food source 4 sauropods, ornithopod, and hadrosaurus without the need of a feeder.
4. Bald Cypress trees
Oh yes how can we forget about this particular species of swamp tree found in the Carolinas this would definitely be a swamp lovers haven type of species of tree for swamp dinosaurs and I hope Frontier considers this one.
5. Chinese bamboo
this type of tree from China would serve to be a Asian dinosaur lovers natural decoration for a Asian exhibit in our parks and I hope that Frontier does include this species as well.
6. Cherry blossom tree
a species of tree found only in Japan this species obviously with be a choice of color let's be honest in an all green world people will get tired of green fast and people would want to see a bit of a different color from a flower tree and I think this tree is pure awesome to include.

Plants:
Ostrich Ferns
this species of plant with serve as a valuable food source too many low ground species like triceratops and ankylosaurus and many other low-to-the-ground animals.
Calamorgortis Long grass
A species of plant usually found around water and would be considered a unique addition if included in to Jurassic world evolution providing natural hiding place.
Indian long Grass
A type of grass found in the great plains of Central North America this Grass would be in a excellent candidate to include into Jurassic World.

Trees and plants are a must that are in dire need of variety in this game and I think that we should also consider trees and plants that are also prehistoric and also seen on the series Walking with Dinosaurs.

Trees:
1. Aracaria Araucana-Chilean Pine Tree.
As seen on The Walking with Dinosaurs episodes involving the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
2. Redwood forest.
this species of tree is already Canon thanks to the movie The Lost World Jurassic Park and this would definitely be a fantastic addition.
3. Fern Trees.
Found in both New Zealand and Australia these trees with serve as a valuable food source 4 sauropods, ornithopod, and hadrosaurus without the need of a feeder.
4. Bald Cypress trees
Oh yes how can we forget about this particular species of swamp tree found in the Carolinas this would definitely be a swamp lovers haven type of species of tree for swamp dinosaurs and I hope Frontier considers this one.
5. Chinese bamboo
this type of tree from China would serve to be a Asian dinosaur lovers natural decoration for a Asian exhibit in our parks and I hope that Frontier does include this species as well.
6. Cherry blossom tree
a species of tree found only in Japan this species obviously with be a choice of color let's be honest in an all green world people will get tired of green fast and people would want to see a bit of a different color from a flower tree and I think this tree is pure awesome to include.

Plants:
Ostrich Ferns
this species of plant with serve as a valuable food source too many low ground species like triceratops and ankylosaurus and many other low-to-the-ground animals.
Calamorgortis Long grass
A species of plant usually found around water and would be considered a unique addition if included in to Jurassic world evolution providing natural hiding place.
Indian long Grass
A type of grass found in the great plains of Central North America this Grass would be in a excellent candidate to include into Jurassic World.

very good list, i dont think frontier will add all of those but at least something would be very nice to give more prehistoric touch to ours parks

One thing I want to create are high cliffs near water, not just this little hills...

I thougt there was a tool like this in Planetcoaster to create high cliffs in the size of the brushtool...

Creating mountains is generally very awkward, the bigger they get, the wider they become...

(Source: Der DandyMann on youtube )

Edit:

The thing is that most of the features we currently want are in the game...

Sand:

Cliffs and deep Water:

Waterfalls:

The other things like fallen trees , stones and other kinds of plants are new additions but this things are in the game at this moment

Last edited:
One thing I want to create are high cliffs near water, not just this little hills...

I thougt there was a tool like this in Planetcoaster to create high cliffs in the size of the brushtool...

Creating mountains is generally very awkward, the bigger they get, the wider they become...

View attachment 128043 (Source: Der DandyMann on youtube )

Edit:

The thing is that most of the features we currently want are in the game...

Sand:
View attachment 128040

Cliffs and deep Water:
View attachment 128041

Waterfalls:
View attachment 128042

The other things like fallen trees , stones and other kinds of plants are new additions but this things are in the game at this moment
I think it would be amazing. i still cant belive that in JWE we have zero options for terrains tools just look at PK is not yet released and already have 32 texture for the ground, tons type of trees , 8 different biomes ecc. ecc... lets hope for summer update

Top Bottom