Powerplay Need advice how to get Advanced Plasma Accelerator

• Thread starter Deleted member 102790
  • Start date

Deleted member 102790

D
I have pledged for Denton Patreus for the sole reason of getting the advanced plasma accelerator.

I have read a guide on reddit about powerplay but am confused. In my case I don't want to do deliveries i only want combat. I tried searching for "military zones" and "sweep" ones but no luck.

I have also read you must be in the top 50% to get it.

Could someone please explain how to go about it?

I have pledged for Denton Patreus for the sole reason of getting the advanced plasma accelerator.

I have read a guide on reddit about powerplay but am confused. In my case I don't want to do deliveries i only want combat. I tried searching for "military zones" and "sweep" ones but no luck.

Could someone please explain how to go about it?

Don't sweat it too much, you've got to be pledged for 4 weeks before you can buy it even if you've hit rank 3 so you've got plenty of time to figure it out.

Deleted member 102790

D
No I mean how do I get credits? and is it worth a month of my time even if you have to be in the top 50%?

I don't want to slowly work out if it is worth it or not.

This is the place to ask such questions, is it not ;) rather than "you will work it out over 4 weeks by yourself"

Edit - found what I was looking for - not worth doing for me. At least I know now rather than in 4 weeks :). No way I am going to be one of the top players with the large amount of weekly time needed to do that, just a fact of life.
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=148803

Last edited by a moderator:
There are no Military Strikes for Patreus this week. You can gain merits through combat by opposing the expansions of Archon Delaine and Zachary Hudson.

See: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=201822 and https://www.reddit.com/r/ElitePatreus/comments/3w7ave/cycle_28_priorities/
Top 50% of what? You need Rank 3 and 4 weeks of being pledged, there aren't any other requirements.

Deleted member 102790

D
Thanks markkuk.

It appears then what I was reading was old? Anyway thanks for clearing that up :)

edit - or is rank 3 percentage based?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not in PP, but your rank is determined by how many merits you hand in before the weekly reset.
Added to your merits is 50% declining balance the of the 3 prior weeks' merits.

I have questions regarding faction-based weapons/modules (general).
I don't Powerplay at the moment as I'm mainly an explorer/trader, and in the Powerplay Beta, I found it severely counter-productive to be pledged to a power, but in the future, who knows?...

If/when you get the opportunity to buy a faction-specific weapon/module...

Can you buy more than one of them?
Can you transfer them between ships?
How long does the offer last (one-off, 1 hour, 24 hours, 1 week)?

e.g. Suppose I pledge to [Insert Power Name here] and rank up until I am authorised to buy an Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator... Can I buy one for my Python, then buy a Sidey and go fetch my Clipper and install one on that as well, then go get my Vulture... etc. Then, when I finally get a Corvette, can I buy one for that as well? Or would I need to transfer it from (one of) my other ship(s)?

If I then pledge to a different Power and rank up until I can buy a Mega-Neutron Higgs Imploder, can I do the same thing on the ship(s) I've already installed the Space Modulator on?

And then again with the Dark-Matter Ultraquark Shields and the Flux Capacitor powerplant?

Thanks

You can buy as many special weapons or modules as you want and they will stay available in the shop as long as you stay pledged and have the required rank. You can have special units from different Powers on one ship.

Come to Harma in Open with your Patreus tag. We will show you where you can get a plasma accelerator - one shot at a time! ;)

Basically once you have them, you can sell and rebuy - but last I saw, there was a bug with items vanishing? Might be fixed, but I'm not sure - might want to verify that before you depledge (if you plan to depledge in the first place).

Deleted member 102790

D
To gain and maintain Rank 3, you must turn in 750 merits each week.

Thank you SCSkunk :). Also I should have posted further.

I found Powerplay, once you know it, to be relatively simple for those that want to earn merits by combat to get the Faction weapons. You just:
- pledge
- go to the reddit for Denton Patreus - cycle 29 currently
- click on "undermining"
- choose the nearest system in the list (for Archon Delaine), go there
- kill each "Kumo Crew" you see in supercruise by using FSD Interdictor
- you get 30 points each
- once you have 750 merits go back to a system controlled by (not exploited) by Patreus and hand in the vouchers
- go back to my home system and do my Hazres fighting
- next week do it again
- after 4 weeks of this I should have my Advanced Plasma Accelerator hehe

After being pledged to Patreus for three weeks, grind 750 merits so you have them when week 4 triggers. This allows you to buy the power specific module at the earliest possible time, and you have exactly this one week during which you can make all your purchases without having to grind more merits. This is the least amount of effort required for every power to get their power specific module.

How to grind 750 merits:
- kill 75 (10 merits per ship) Archon Delane ships in one of the systems he's trying to expand to (at resistance pockets; fight for the party opposing Kumo Crew)
or
- kill 25 (30 merits per ship) of his ships in any of his control systems by pulling them out of supercruise

I prefer the former. No hassle with the current (IMHO bugged) interdiction mechanic, plus you get as many Kumo Crew ships as you desire presented to you on a silver plate.

Remember to turn in your collected merits at one of the control systems belonging to your own power.

Been using this method to get Aisling's shields and Aryssa's rail guns. Am in week 3 for Denton's plasma thingies.

Last edited:
Top Bottom