PvP Need some advice

Okay I'll keep this as short as possible.
Currently a member of my group got harassed by a ganker in open.
Short term solution is to stick our group into private so we can avoid gankers and in the process the gankers get bored and leave.
But I would like us to be able to play in open... and hell maybe even participate a bit in pvp...

So I would like some advice to help train up my friends to survive open play and pvp.
Pvp videos
Common gank builds to be aware of
Maneuvers and skills to try
any advice really

That or we just sit in private groups

Kate Balthazar's supercruise evasion techniques doc is one of the most comprehensive documents I've read on any game aspect, and the best on trying to avoid player interdiction. Google kate balthazar supercruise evasion techniques.

PvPers would love to have more PvPers. We love blowing each other up. And yes some of us blow up non PvPers.

Is PvP for you?

1. Do you love flying? Do you love out-maneuvering opponents? Do you love challenging yourself to go "further?"
2. Is skill more important than ego?
3. Do you have a very robust sense of humor?
4. Can you pick yourself up and go at it again after being repeatedly obliterated?
5. Is increased situational awareness worth far more to you than a rebuy?

Commander Cknarf linked the Galactic Combat Initiative discord above.
Yes, there are lots of ganker PvPers on GCI, but I assure you, they will do their utmost to help you get good. Most of the discussions are about specific game mechanics, flying and engineering. Ganking is an afterthought.

These forums here have excellent PvE advice, but the most expert PvP advice is found on the GCI server. I try to help here on these forums, but I am still quite the apprentice.

What is the advantage of being a PvPer?
Simple: you become afraid of nothing... the entire game in all of its modes becomes your oyster.

:)

Below is my favorite pilot in game. Yamato told me that when he got home, he used to turn on some music and just fly around in an asteroid field.

Yamato makes wing fighting in dense asteroid fields look easy. Maybe someday I will be able to fly a tenth as well as he does.

Source: https://youtu.be/c-ym15piiss

Top Bottom