Need some tips on fighting the swarm

Stick at it and you will get there. It took me plenty of practice to be able to deal with even a Cyclops 32 swarm, but it is doable. Though a Medusa/Hydra swarm is no joke it has to be said!

o7
Thanks for the encouragement. I will go back to it I'm sure. Right now, I just took delivery of my brand new pacifiers and having some fun with those. But as you advise, I will go back and practice and hopefully take down basilisk eventually.

Trailing sight the default you try to put a circle over the swarm.
Leading sight put the centre dot (mouse widget) in the circle.

I found it difficult to line up the trailing sight through the engine trail when going backwards

I know this is a super old post, but what you described in your original post was EXACTLY what I was having problems with...in my fully engineered cutter...

I thought I saw in a video, that you didn't have to kill the ENTIRE swarm, just get them low...but maybe that's just after the goid enrages? Oh well...trying it now. Thanks!

Swarms are easy to kill if you stop and let them fly at you.
Yeah, that's why I've been going at this with my friend for almost an hour now, because they're easy. The swarms constantly move and dodge your NONE HOMING FLAK munitions. So yeah, there's no way to predict how they're gonna move or where and then it doesn't matter anyway because as soon as you shoot, they do a 180....

yeah, they're real easy.....

Yeah, that's why I've been going at this with my friend for almost an hour now, because they're easy. The swarms constantly move and dodge your NONE HOMING FLAK munitions. So yeah, there's no way to predict how they're gonna move or where and then it doesn't matter anyway because as soon as you shoot, they do a 180....

yeah, they're real easy.....

Is it possible it's changed since I posted that 4 years ago? Honestly haven't tried to hit a thargoid swarm in at least 2 years.

Edit: Actually just realized my advice was for a single pilot only. If you launch an SLF or have another person with you, the Thargoid swarm has multiple targets to choose from to fly towards and hence is much harder to predict.

Last edited:
I thought I saw in a video, that you didn't have to kill the ENTIRE swarm, just get them low...but maybe that's just after the goid enrages? Oh well...trying it now. Thanks!
Getting the swarm down to single digits is a valid strategy, reduces the threat and means the interceptor won't put out a new swarm after every heart (which it does if the swarm is fully depleted).

Top Bottom