Dinosaurs General Gameplay Nesting Grounds and Breeding (Re Post and Edit)

Breeding:
It would be fun if Dinosaurs could breed. To do this, there would be an option in the "Modify Genes" menu to change the gender, or maybe the gender would be random. (IDK, the devs do the deciding)

To avoid overpopulation, a dinosaur can only lay 1 egg at a time and other dinosaurs can trample it, because of this, the mother should protect it from predators and panicking dinosaurs. And just because it seems natural, the baby doesn't affect social and population until fully grown, and just because it seems fair, the baby doesn't affect the social and population of its parents even if fully grown.

Just for the ecperience, there should be a warning if the egg is about to hatch.

If the devs do this then it would be absurd if newly incubated dinosaurs come out fully grown, and it would also be absurd if they always come out as babies. To fix this, the height should depend on how long you leave them unreleased. The age should always be 1 year old when they come out (or month if the devs change it).

Nesting Grounds:
There should be Nesting Grounds for two reasons:
1. So that the Dinos don't look dead when they sleep
2. It fits the first part of this thread.

So the nesting grounds aren't scattered, herds and packs should nest close to each other. And so the Nests don't look messy, they shouldn't stand out that much.

The dinosaurs will only nest in areas that they feel safe and comfortable and if they feel the need, they will migrate to another area of the enclosure.

If a dinosaur dies, their nest would be claimed by another nestless dinosaur. If it doesn't get claimed then it will fade overtime just to make it cleaner.

I really hope the devs implement this, if not, then its another thing to hope for in the sequel if there will be one.

Last edited:
I have been hearing about this and thinking about it. It would not work for normal campaign mode, but if they fix the A.I.s to be a bit more "Herd" like then an open world where the animals will legit migrate around the map ( probably following food sources or something), then that i could see.

It would have to be an expansive, practically untouched island with no walls.

I have been hearing about this and thinking about it. It would not work for normal campaign mode, but if they fix the A.I.s to be a bit more "Herd" like then an open world where the animals will legit migrate around the map ( probably following food sources or something), then that i could see.

It would have to be an expansive, practically untouched island with no walls.
I'm saying, they won't nest if there are too many dinosaurs in that enclosure, like I did in my Stegosaurid enclosure in Sorna. The Size was fine to the point where everyone was happy with it, for short minimal. I had 6 stegosaurus, 3 kentrosaurus, 4 gigantspinosaurus, and 3 huayungasaurus.

Thats the type of enclosure I'm talking about. Even if thats the case, it would still be fun to see it in carnivores don't you think?

Top Bottom