Release Neutron Highway long range route planner

How long might it take for your (@Spansh) TSP solver to come up with a route for 6000 destinations?

The main thing is querying the coordinates for all the systems, once it's done that it'd quite happily solve the thing in a couple of seconds. Querying the systems might take some time though as that would take quite a few queries. The code wrapped around that isn't the most amazing right now and I could certainly improve it pretty easily. That said, it's all being handled in the background so it might just take a bit longer. Give it a try.

As an example I've run the thing on Road to Riches with 5000 maximum systems and it's quite happily found those (which takes more time to find), then it takes about 2 seconds to arrange those into an optimal route.

Last edited:
Try making it a form POST rather than a GET and serialising the params in the body.

Thanks!
I tried with a bit over 1000 systems and it worked.... after some troubleshooting.

i got ["error": "Could not find destination system"] a few times.
i managed to find these culprits
Code:
Phrio Byoe AA-A h23

Phrio Byoe AA-A h29

Phrio Byoe AA-A h31

Phrio Byoe AA-A h33

Phrio Byoe AA-A h37

Phrio Byoe AA-A h41

Phrio Byoe AA-A h50

Phrio Byoe AA-A h52

Phrio Byoe AA-A h54

Phrio Byoe AA-A h55

Phrio Byoe AA-A h57

Phrio Byoe AA-A h58

Phrio Byoe AA-A h60

Phua Bre VD-T e3-853

The systems will auto complete on the tourist router, but not the neutron router, and when you try to run a route with them in the tourist router, it'll say that it cant find the systems.

Going through this process, couldn't help but think how wonderful it would be if the initial error message mentioned which systems it couldn't find, instead of throwing the generic "Could not find destination system" message.

But i understand that feeding in thousands of systems like this is sort of an edge case. XD

Last edited:
Thanks!
I tried with a bit over 1000 systems and it worked.... after some troubleshooting.

i got ["error": "Could not find destination system"] a few times.
i managed to find these culprits
Code:
Phrio Byoe AA-A h23

Phrio Byoe AA-A h29

Phrio Byoe AA-A h31

Phrio Byoe AA-A h33

Phrio Byoe AA-A h37

Phrio Byoe AA-A h41

Phrio Byoe AA-A h50

Phrio Byoe AA-A h52

Phrio Byoe AA-A h54

Phrio Byoe AA-A h55

Phrio Byoe AA-A h57

Phrio Byoe AA-A h58

Phrio Byoe AA-A h60

Phua Bre VD-T e3-853

The systems will auto complete on the tourist router, but not the neutron router, and when you try to run a route with them in the tourist router, it'll say that it cant find the systems.

Going through this process, couldn't help but think how wonderful it would be if the initial error message mentioned which systems it couldn't find, instead of throwing the generic "Could not find destination system" message.

But i understand that feeding in thousands of systems like this is sort of an edge case. XD
Yeah it's because the systems can't get found in the neutron router, there's a combined step going on here (different databases). For the tourist router it's not so much of a big deal, I should probably change how it works.

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to use the Road To Riches tool but no matter what I enter (including the examples I've found on YT and so on), I always get the same results - just two entries, the start and destination systems. Am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with the tool?

Many thanks,
Simon

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to use the Road To Riches tool but no matter what I enter (including the examples I've found on YT and so on), I always get the same results - just two entries, the start and destination systems. Am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with the tool?

Many thanks,
Simon
Try increasing the radius

Hello @Spansh. Been using the web site for a few days now (Newbie here). 1st: THANK YOU ! This is great. Now, I noticed that the TRADE PLANNER often gives me "Soothil Relics" as a tradable item, but whenever I get to the station, it is never available or even there. Is it a bug or my choice of route config that is at issue ?

Just wanted to echo my thanks to Spansh for the Spansh site. I did my first neutron star assisted jump route a few days ago to unlock Palin. (G5 thrusters.) It's nothing less than an awesome tool. How people make all these tools for us to use in ED I will never know, but I am extremely grateful. Thank you Spansh.

Hello @Spansh. Been using the web site for a few days now (Newbie here). 1st: THANK YOU ! This is great. Now, I noticed that the TRADE PLANNER often gives me "Soothil Relics" as a tradable item, but whenever I get to the station, it is never available or even there. Is it a bug or my choice of route config that is at issue ?
Hmm, so the easiest thing to do here is to give me a link to the route, so I can check it out myself. However looking at that commodity specifically there does appear to be some weirdness. It's a rare good so it should only show as in stock at one station, secondly it should only ever have 6 available (as I understand it) at that station.

I need to improve my handling of rare goods I think so that they don't spread to other stations. I'll try and get that sorted out quickly.

Hmm, so the easiest thing to do here is to give me a link to the route, so I can check it out myself. However looking at that commodity specifically there does appear to be some weirdness. It's a rare good so it should only show as in stock at one station, secondly it should only ever have 6 available (as I understand it) at that station.

I need to improve my handling of rare goods I think so that they don't spread to other stations. I'll try and get that sorted out quickly.

Here goes the link : https://www.spansh.co.uk/trade/resu..._capital=70000000&station=Daedalus&system=Sol

Yes I know what the issue is, I'll need to do some fixes for it (it's a data import rather than a route generation issue).

Edit: this should now be sorted and will hopefully not happen in future as I've put some countermeasures in
Thank you for your trouble.

Now that FC have been announced, Would it be possible to tweak the plotter to plot for a fleet carrier. You can sorta use it currently by setting your jump range to 125 and it plots you to neutrons (ofc) but FC could go to any star type.

Can I ask, how often you do update NSes from EDSM base? Just curious. Sometimes I restart game to upload log with fresh new NS to be able to plot later (I upload manually). But if update takes days I may skip that rush.

Can I ask, how often you do update NSes from EDSM base? Just curious. Sometimes I restart game to upload log with fresh new NS to be able to plot later (I upload manually). But if update takes days I may skip that rush.

My site listens to EDDN live so new neutron stars should appear within half an hour or so. I do pull in updated systems from EDSM (because for some reason not everyone who submits to EDSM submits to EDDN) every day so new systems will appear quite quickly. Unfortunately for the same reason I don't get Neutron Stars which have been submitted to EDSM but not EDDN I periodically do run through bodies.json (once every month or two) to update neutron stars within the database though I haven't done so recently.

I thought it is the same ....well, I do EDSM only.
How do you submit to EDSM? If you upload your journals to EDSM then they get sent through to EDDN (via the console updater as well). If you're submitting to EDSM via EDMC (and have turned off submitting to EDDN) then that's where the other sites end up with incomplete data.

Top Bottom