Never played the game, but love 40k. What's it like?

I only have one problem with this game, despite never playing it. I want to be on the side of my dear Grandfather Nurgle, you bunch of imperial peasants.
And will some Imperial peasant or delightful and loving follower of the Great Unclean One, let me know how the game plays. I have watched a few video's looks interesting, but I am umming and arring over getting it.

As a 40k lore nerd who also plays the TT too both casually and in tournaments...it is mixed. I love the design, most the story and animations but the game falls short on making me feel like im controlling a space marine (even more so a Grey Knight) particularly early on - which is really why I wanted to play this game. The reason for this is particularly apparent when fighting cultist. Now, as Nurgle Cultists they would have some sort of resilience, they shouldnt be shrugging force swords or bolter shots.

Furthermore, as I control Space Marines (who are Grey Knights at that), I should not having to be cowering in cover when facing cultists armed with stub guns. My knights are wearing power armour but especially early game it feels like tissue paper. Having to pop aegis just to feel a bit like my warriors are wearing power armour feels off to me.

To sum up, the gameplay and broader story is fun, but the game for me fails to capture the feeling of controlling marines which is a disappointment for me. Personally, I think Cultists should have been handled like "the lost" in XCOM and that would have helped. That said I liked the broader story and some gameplay elements, the let down is that I dont feel like Im controlling Space Marines.

Last edited:
I only have one problem with this game, despite never playing it. I want to be on the side of my dear Grandfather Nurgle, you bunch of imperial peasants.
And will some Imperial peasant or delightful and loving follower of the Great Unclean One, let me know how the game plays. I have watched a few video's looks interesting, but I am umming and arring over getting it.
Having played Vermintide I would have loved to play Skaven. There was a Versus mode planned, probably like L4D2 where you could control the specials. skitter

Top Bottom