New Abandoned Research Base found!

Hello,

for all that may be interested: I discovered a new Abandoned Research Station, namely 'Herpin Research Base'. It has a story (data points), one public terminal to scan and several materials too. The planet has my commanders name (J. P. Calvan) on it, since I first scanned and mapped it.

It happened entirely by luck, while traveling and exploring I found a Listening Post at WREGOE YY-B B15-0 and followed it from there. I will not spoil the location directly, if anybody is interested, it is easy to find with the Listening Post mentioned.

Has anybody an idea how to report this find to Canonn Research?

Attachments

• LP-Herpin.jpg
    LP-Herpin.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 503
  • Herpin.jpg
    Herpin.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 511
Listening Posts confuse me - it seems you need to have visited 3 of them to triangulate the source system ?

ELI5 pls !

Listening Posts confuse me - it seems you need to have visited 3 of them to triangulate the source system ?

ELI5 pls !
Triangulate is a bit strong - it is quite simple, even the first time (it was for me): You will receive a message from each LP, do not delete them! Each LP's message contains a reference to the other two LPs. Bookmark every location with a LP of this series. If you have all 3 messages, examine them:
Every message contains range in ly.
Every message contains part of a location, namely the body number in the system and latitude and longitude values on the body (planet or moon). Obviously a landable body.

Then go to the Galmap and look at your bookmarks. The 3 locations of the LP will form a triangle, and the system you look for is inside it. The triangle defines a plane, so orient your Galmap, and look at all systems inside this plane and inside the triangle. With the range numbers one system should be the system you look for. Usually there is only one system, or very few of them. So you can go check.

Wiki Entry

Awesome! Thanks for not spoiling it with the exact location - I hadn't properly worked through a set of listening beacons before so it was quite a fun little chase and definitely sets up the sense of expectation when you finally find the base.

Scanned all the logs now but I'm so tired I think I'll sleep here and read them tomorrow.

GStwpra.png

Top Bottom