New Alien Hybrid Tech 2018 and beyond?

I think that a full sized (not a slf) guardian hybrib ship would be an awesome addition to the game. I would also like to inquire as to the possibility of thargoid hybrid vessels and modules being introduced. Any ideas? please post about what you would like to see along the lines of full sized guardian ships and thargoid hybrid tech.

Since there are dedicated sites for collecting vessel blueprints it would make a lot of sense making those useful for more than just the fighters. There has also been a Galnet article about Ram Tah talking about a more commercial approach concerning Guardian hybrid tech and ship design.
I say there will be more Guardian hybrid ships.

Since there are dedicated sites for collecting vessel blueprints it would make a lot of sense making those useful for more than just the fighters. There has also been a Galnet article about Ram Tah talking about a more commercial approach concerning Guardian hybrid tech and ship design.
I say there will be more Guardian hybrid ships.

The problem is everything to date has been paper hulls with Guardian stuff... yet Guardians supposedly tore Thargoids apart when forced into actual conflict... yet if our SLF are anything to be a basis on... they are weaker than human tech (because Frontier and it's precious "game balance" despite everything Guardian is utterly superior to human made stuff). I'd pray that at least for Thargoid combat that the Guardian-human hybrid actual ships would be utterly GODLY against Thargoids, but then Frontier would have problems balancing it for human conflicts or PvP. Honestly I wish Frontier would throw the idea of "balance" out the window and just make a damn fun game, it's clear anything this vast of a game won't have a true semblance of balance.

The problem is everything to date has been paper hulls with Guardian stuff... yet Guardians supposedly tore Thargoids apart when forced into actual conflict... yet if our SLF are anything to be a basis on... they are weaker than human tech (because Frontier and it's precious "game balance" despite everything Guardian is utterly superior to human made stuff). I'd pray that at least for Thargoid combat that the Guardian-human hybrid actual ships would be utterly GODLY against Thargoids, but then Frontier would have problems balancing it for human conflicts or PvP. Honestly I wish Frontier would throw the idea of "balance" out the window and just make a damn fun game, it's clear anything this vast of a game won't have a true semblance of balance.

Agreed. The guardian fighters are good for dealing damage, but that's it, they aren't immune to phasing or caustic soo..... yeah, another example of when balancing content overbalances... :D

I am going to go to the suggestion forum to slam that down so at least it is out there! :D

(Psst, everybody go there and give it a good response if you want something better than tin foil fighters ;) )

The Guardians manufactured a tons of automated war machines that overwhelmed the thargoids.

Our guardian SLFs are our first successful try at merging human and guardian tech (and they're numbered XG 7-8-9 which means 6 prototypes didn't made it through).

We'll get better at this, I'm sure.

Although I often comment negatively on development I do think the good guardian stuff is still to come.
But the thargoids will scale up also they keep bringing in tougher ones.
Also I can remember them hinting at more alien races, must have been like a year ago or something.

From the logs from the original Ram Tah mission, Technology 10:

"In terms of flight and small-class spaceships, humanity has surpassed the Guardians, but in other respects their technology outmatched ours."

Plus it's worth bearing in mind that the Guardians only repelled the Thargoids from a disputed area of space, and the Thargoids hadn't entered that area of space prepared for a protracted conflict. (They'd returned to an area seeded previously with barnacles and there being another spacefaring species there was a surprise to the Thargoids - so we're likely talking the Thargoids being the equivalent of colonists/harvesters, not a battlefleet). Plus that was 2 million years ago. It doesn't really add up to Guardian tech being hyper-effective against Thargoids.

Also why would there be a balance problem anyway? We're talking about a tech that was designed to be effective against a type of tech which is different to that which we use. Thargoid tech is biomechanical. Ours isn't. There's no reason that something designed to be highly effective against bio-tech would be particularly effective against non-biotech.

Here's where we are effectively:

- Human tech - designed to be effective against other Human tech

- Guardian tech - designed to be effective against 2My old Thargoid biotech (and presumably to some extent other Guardian tech as a legacy of their second civil war).

- Thargoid tech - anyone's guess. Compared to the age of their civilisation, the conflict with the Guardians was a miniscule blip as has been their encounter with humanity.

- Human/Guardian hybrid tech - designed to increase effectiveness against current Thargoid biotech. (And decreased effectiveness against other types of tech a possible consequence.)

96 Guardian Hybrid Blueprints
128 Sentinel Wreckage Components
128 Pattern Epsilon
512 Technetium

Good? No? Running away...

Unfortuantly, the biggest balancing act is to do with PvP, which is where the balancing becomes most evident, and as a PvPer..

I'm not comfortable with the idea of having sunk literally hundereds, maybe even over a thousand hours, on engineering ships and finding what works, only to have people just buy a god-tier ship for a few materials and credits and be utterly untoucable in-game.

That would rather defeat the point of having the engineers would it not?

However, I would fully advocate for Guardian related engineers. (Give Ram Tah a job other than modifying my Chaff/Heat sinks.

Don't let them go fully G5, but maybe only up to G3, makes sense from a lore perspective as it's alien tech and we would'nt fully understand it, and it would have the potential to specialize the Guardian tech for either bugs or humans. Plus we could get a load more interesting special effects. Thankfully if it was the case, none of these engineered Guardian weapons would be outstripping human tech weapons at G5, btu they would be nice to have as a sort of sidegrade.

Balance could be kept, the Guardian stuff could be made better and more worth the time, everybody wins. :D

Hopefully - if we would see this awesome addition - those ships would only be available through specific engineers and after completing a nice story-driven series of missions over time. It would be even better, if this ship was the unexpected reward. So no advertisement up front and no info, that it is even in the game would be a nice thing.

This game could use some cool things to find out and some smaller story lines that are truly rewarding in the end.

but if they do get introduced: what kind of stuff would it be?
I really want to see something along the lines of a thargon swarm utility on my Krait MKII (32 thragons per utility slot? Hydra-Krait anyone?)
besides - since the introduction of guardian fighters, it would be a shame not to take it further and come up with a ship that is better than a mainstream human ship, worse than an engineered one, and pretty average against thargoids. I would also like to see the guardian shield and FSD tech put to good use in something other than fsd boosters.
those SLFs' shields look awesome - me want!

Also, thargoid lasers and fsd tech. I really want to be able to navigate witchspace, and the thargoid lightning gun could be the equivalent of the cytoscrambler, but available Above small Please!
anyway, the lasers and cuatic missiles could just be slightly better than their human equivalents (why are dumbfire enzyme missile - seekers for the win!)
the thargoids have pretty cool shield tech too, maybe something like an advanced particle shield booster module (like green shields they display at barnacles) that make normal shields impenetrable for a small amount of time (because balance). however, this would have to have multiple downsides because impenetrable shields are too OP.

(because Frontier and it's precious "game balance" despite everything Guardian is utterly superior to human made stuff).

Ummm...

[COLOR=#D1D1D1 said:
Technology 10[/COLOR] ]
In terms of flight and small-class spaceships, humanity has surpassed the Guardians, but in other respects their technology outmatched ours.

So ships are out trump there.

*edit*
Oh ninjaed

If we can get class 4 guardian weapons, at least for the plasma, I'll be psyched. Hopefully we're comfortable enough with Guardian tech now that our weapons manufacturers can address some of the heat and power consumption issues with their weapons too, or at least have some Guardian-specific engineers.

It's not quite Guardian-related (but I suppose could be in lore), but I also think we're due to finally have AX-weapons be able to damage human ships normally, the normal human weapons be able to damage Xeno ships normally, and some Class 1 AX kit.

Top Bottom