New app on steam - next DLC is here soon!

Attachments

• 32CD41D6-3723-4B76-A8DF-AF8AC3EF6ED3.jpeg
    32CD41D6-3723-4B76-A8DF-AF8AC3EF6ED3.jpeg
    495.9 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
There is also a Summer Game Fest tommorow and Frontier is participating so there is a small chance that they may announce something.
48 hours until live show so not tomorrow. And 10th june is only chance for them to announce anything based on streaming schedule. After that there is nothing to show from frontier. I personally think they should atleast announce one thing since frontier is participant.

Don't expect any announcements about Planet Zoo at the Summer Game Fest. It's not a well-known enough licence to be announced at such an event.
According to the latest rumours and hints, Frontier will most likely announce Jurassic World Evolution 2 at Summer Game Fest.
I think tomorrow, or next week, we should have the highlight of the major new feature of the 1.6 update. They won't do it on Thursday because, as I said, that will certainly be the day JWE 2 is announced.

There is also a Summer Game Fest tommorow and Frontier is participating so there is a small chance that they may announce something.

Source: https://youtu.be/DMbHRX0EnYs
I feel that Summer Game Fest is too important to announce a random average PZ DLC now that the game is more than 1 and a half years old. They've never announced DLCs in such events and I don't see it happening now unless it's a major game-changing DLC (aviaries, aquariums). I like this enthusiasm, I also feel enthusiastic with potential upcoming content every now and then but we also have to be realistic here. These events are made to show/announce big projects, actual full games or, in the worst case, big expansions. The fact that Frontier hired 2 more CMs for their simulation games almost assures that Frontier's presence in Summer Game Fest is due to a JWE2 announcement.

Edit: What Gardwig said above.

Don't expect any announcements about Planet Zoo at the Summer Game Fest. It's not a well-known enough licence to be announced at such an event.
According to the latest rumours and hints, Frontier will most likely announce Jurassic World Evolution 2 at Summer Game Fest.
I think tomorrow, or next week, we should have the highlight of the major new feature of the 1.6 update. They won't do it on Thursday because, as I said, that will certainly be the day JWE 2 is announced.
I agree it's not a well-known enough licence to be announced at such an event, but it seems JWE2 will not be announced :/

I agree it's not a well-known enough licence to be announced at such an event, but it seems JWE2 will not be announced :/
Thanks for the article, I was not aware of Frontier's response. We know how Frontier communicates and to say they have something to announce later this year, means something is coming very soon (they don't tease anything until they are close to the date). Especially if we play with words: Thursday 10 June is indeed "later this year". I'm still convinced that an announcement (even if only a trailer for JWE will be unveiled at the Summer Game Fest).
Otherwise I'm praying for an announcement of Planet Coaster 2 (even if it's also a not so well known license). They may also announce their F1 game, which has been in development for some time.
Anyway, I'm rambling on about the thread topic but for me, we should have more info on Planet Zoo 1.6 update tomorrow or next week at the latest (even if I have no idea what the big new feature could be).

I think the gamefest reveal will be something related with JWE2, PZ dlc probably will be presented off the show to avoid the overshadow, but jwe2 beign a franchise game will be in the scope of everyone.

These events are made to show/announce big projects, actual full games or, in the worst case, big expansions.
Big titles are main participants, but in overall games from small indie companies with many dlc's announcements are most common thing u can encounter on such expo.
Anyway u can come there with anything u have if u are game developer. Frontier can announce jwe and then for example say we have also something more to say about our other games.

They've been working on a racing game, right? I feel like that might get announced.

Also, I wouldn't see any reason PZ couldn't get some type of announcement, even if it's just a regular small dlc and update. Creative Assembly had new stuff announced last week during the Skulls even run by GW, even though they're also participating in E3 (and I think the Summer Games Fest)

There is nothing to prevent developers announcing DLC/updates to their games at such events but this is not Frontier's style.
Correct me if I'm wrong but Frontier at big events like E3 (especially the PC Gaming Show) have always announced or given more info on their new game and not given any updates on existing games. This year it will be the same, I expect as I said an announcement of JWE2 or their F1 game, nothing else.

There is nothing to prevent developers announcing DLC/updates to their games at such events but this is not Frontier's style.
Correct me if I'm wrong but Frontier at big events like E3 (especially the PC Gaming Show) have always announced or given more info on their new game and not given any updates on existing games. This year it will be the same, I expect as I said an announcement of JWE2 or their F1 game, nothing else.
Well, that article just showed JWE2 isn't coming. I don't think they'd get a timeslot just for 1 game tbh. Anyone else know what projects they've got?

Well I guess that actually make it a tiny bit more likely that their presence could be PZ related. They must be there for a reason
The article mentions E3, we are talking about the summer Game fest. The tweet from the official JWE account said "later this year", and even tzhe 10 th of june is later this year than 20th of may, when the tweet was posted.

Really, Jeff Goldbloom won't be there for nothing. I think a JWE2 announcement is still way more likely than any PZ annocuncement unfortunately.

The article mentions E3, we are talking about the summer Game fest. The tweet from the official JWE account said "later this year", and even tzhe 10 th of june is later this year than 20th of may, when the tweet was posted.

Really, Jeff Goldbloom won't be there for nothing. I think a JWE2 announcement is still way more likely than any PZ annocuncement unfortunately.
After doing some research, maybe it has something to do with Jurassic World: The Game (a mobile game), according to this tweet: Source: https://twitter.com/jworldthegame/status/1400564013310918663?s=21
:unsure:

After doing some research, maybe it has something to do with Jurassic World: The Game (a mobile game), according to this tweet: Source: https://twitter.com/jworldthegame/status/1400564013310918663?s=21
:unsure:
I hope not. JWTG was alright for the time, but ever since JWE came out it's kinda boring. But still, maybe some kind of partnership? Like maybe certain species in that game will be released in a supposed sequel/DLC? I don't know. Or maybe a story mode similar to what JWTG has?

I still don't think that the 10th date is a coincidence, considering Frontier typically announces news on a Thursday (at least since I've joined the forums back in October/November). I have a feeling it's gonna be big, whatever it is. But I won't be disappointed if it ain't, because I'm happy with whatever

Top Bottom