New PC player question

Why when the advertisement and description and apparently the pc market involving new pc's are knowingly sold with out an optical device (ODD). Why send install DISK and not an USB device to install whatever. I've called the only pc repair guy who speaks ENGLISH whom I've worked with previously on my old pc to come today. Though he states he is to bring some tools, I'm am curious as to how if there is no sign of life except some cool led lighting effect when turned on. Is he going to be able to access where ever the main ROM chip is installed, how is he going to be able to determine anything. I not completly ignorant, I mean there is NOTHING being sent to the monitor, not even a dos screen.

Though both the TV and PC have matching HDMI connection points, they both also have the old three wire (green, or black, red and yellow) wire ports, the ones one used to utilized in the ole days to make the connection between a pc and a monitor. So maybe that will work.

Yes, there is always the supposed return policy, which in Mexico as well as in most third or forth world countries, will take nearly 30 to sixty days in which case it possible that they'll just send the same pc back to keep the internet site "MERCADOLIBRE" a site owned and operated by EBAY I found out, happy; Thus no refund!

Start with the TV, do you have, or can you borrow, anything that outputs hdmi,(console, whatever) and try to get that on the TV using the same cable.
Unfortunately I do not. All of our electronic device were stolen, the new pc was to replace both my previous 8 years old pc and the stolen xbox console that I had been using. The new 40inch supposed SMART TV which I've discovered means the user must be SMART replaced the stolen 10 year old tv I had been using.

If it turns on, then at least there is some hope. Without seeing your setup etc it's obvs hard for us to determine what the issue(s) are. The BIOS should at least come up and show sth on your screen, even if you don't have windows installed iirc.

I hope your mate can sort you out - being hands on an checking all the connections, then moving to the usual suspects (gfx card not plugged in properly, RAM or CPU not seatied properly etc etc) will be the next thing he will check. You'll only need to open up to check connections and no tools are really needed for that.

Good luck and let us know how you get on! 9 hours to go?

If it turns on, then at least there is some hope. Without seeing your setup etc it's obvs hard for us to determine what the issue(s) are. The BIOS should at least come up and show sth on your screen, even if you don't have windows installed iirc.

I hope your mate can sort you out - being hands on an checking all the connections, then moving to the usual suspects (gfx card not plugged in properly, RAM or CPU not seatied properly etc etc) will be the next thing he will check. You'll only need to open up to check connections and no tools are really needed for that.

Good luck and let us know how you get on! 9 hours to go?
Thanks, I appreciate all the help and suggestion. I reckon I pretty much just venting here. Regardless of what it is going to cost to get it up and running now that I have it. It boils down to what I choose to be the lesser of evils. The third party seller's refund policy in a third world or an English speaking pc tech who though is no longer in an actual business still has his tools and business connections to assist in what ever it takes to fix the issue. Moving from a 1st world country to a third world country has a pretty steep learning curve as I'm finding out. Much more than I anticipated, pretty much boils down to schooling of any kind or nature isn't free. All it takes is time and money, though at my age, I'm running out of time. Though it's important to some degree, it's not so much the money I'm concerned with it's the constant waste of ones time. Instance: Supposedly it was stated originally that shipping one of six as reported on the site was to take 3 to 5 days. The whole ordering to actual delivering was 24 days. And I still don't have the product in the condition I order and have to spend more time to resolve it. Mean while, though I have a tablet, which doesn't help my now three year addition to video gaming. LOL

PS: What do you mean by, "9 hours to go"?

Top Bottom