News New Player Minor Faction System

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
System I am trying to input does not exist, in fact all systems that I try to input as system location #1 do not exist? All in the bubble within 500ly of sol.

Wow...

Whoop di doo... Minor factions are nothing but an illusion of content. There is literally no point whatsoever to have minor factions and taking over systems. It doesn't gain you or your friends anything except bragging rights. The game has been out for 5 years and Frontier still has no idea what it is doing... ED has limitless potential and you're wasting it on junk... I've had it with ED and Frontier.

Hey Will,

thanks for coming up with a new system for PMFs, hopefully this will speed things up.

Sadly it is impossible to sign up because the system isn´t recognized by the website. In fact not a single system I tried is recognized. I checked and rechecked, no error on my side. Please fix this, I can´t wait to get our PMF in game.

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Hey Will,

thanks for coming up with a new system for PMFs, hopefully this will speed things up.

Sadly it is impossible to sign up because the system isn´t recognized by the website. In fact not a single system I tried is recognized. I checked and rechecked, no error on my side. Please fix this, I can´t wait to get our PMF in game.

Hello Charles,

Sorry to hear this! Could you let me know which systems you've tried as that information will aid us in our ongoing investigation into the matter?

Edit: If you have a list too, Von Elsner, that would be very much appreciated!

Hello Charles,

Sorry to hear this! Could you let me know which systems you've tried as that information will aid us in our ongoing investigation into the matter?

Edit: If you have a list too, Von Elsner, that would be very much appreciated!

Hi

mauninovit-ruka-bokitoke-waraswarre-poemavati-saviriku-nandjil-birpinans-scorpii sector cl-y d100-aranadan

Thanks very much.

Last edited:
Whoop di doo... Minor factions are nothing but an illusion of content. There is literally no point whatsoever to have minor factions and taking over systems. It doesn't gain you or your friends anything except bragging rights. The game has been out for 5 years and Frontier still has no idea what it is doing... ED has limitless potential and you're wasting it on junk... I've had it with ED and Frontier.

If you do it right it gains you a whole lot of fun and friends... Have you considered trying to enjoy things?

@Rootsrat : I couldn't help myself....

If you do it right it gains you a whole lot of fun and friends... Have you considered trying to enjoy things?

@Rootsrat : I couldn't help myself....

And it gives some people another purpose for playing the game. Some members of our player group was already bored about the game. When the idea of having a PMF, controlling a system and expanding come out, people got back to life around the game.

So... well, it depends on what each of us wants to do in the galaxy, right?

Will.

Are you going to restrict these new player groups from being able to be placed in a rare goods or permit system?

Supposedly, this shouldn't be able to happen at the moment. Yet the game is littered with examples of this failing:

• Over 20 rare goods systems with player factions inserted into them. Most of these aren't a problem
  • Phekda - used to be a permit system until the player faction inserted there broke the permit
  • Wolf 1301 - used to sell Wolf Fesh, until a player faction was inserted there
  • Gilya - used to sell Signature Weapons, until a player faction was inserted there
  • Noti, used to sell Master Chefs, until a player faction was inserted there
  • Terra Mater - used to sell Blood Bores, until a player faction was inserted there - also a permit system, so double stuff-up by FD

There are currently 5 blocked rare good in the game. 4 of these are due to player factions. It's possible to get a rare good back by changing the controlling fraction, but this is impossible when it's a player faction that has been inserted into the system.

Last edited:

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
There are currently 5 blocked rare good in the game. 4 of these are due to player factions. It's possible to get a rare good back by changing the controlling fraction, but this is impossible when it's a player faction that has been inserted into the system.

What? So the rare remains blocked even if faction controlling the station is changed? :O

What? So the rare remains blocked even if faction controlling the station is changed? :O
No. But try removing a player faction from a system. Even if you do succeed in changing the controlling faction, the player faction still remains and they will just build up again, since they cannot be removed from the system.

Yeah, there is one way, and that is by destroying the faction so completely that the members give up and leave the game. This was done last year in Xihe to the Space Poultry player faction by the Diamond Frogs. Their membership appear to have left the game for good, they have certainly abandoned their faction and the forum. I personally think it's a bit of a shame to have to ruin some players game to correct a mistake that was made (repeatedly) by FD in the first place.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
No. But try removing a player faction from a system. Even if you do succeed in changing the controlling faction, the player faction still remains and they will just build up again, since they cannot be removed from the system.

Yeah, there is one way, and that is by destroying the faction so completely that the members give up and leave the game. This was done last year in Xihe to the Space Poultry player faction by the Diamond Frogs. Their membership appear to have left the game for good, they have certainly abandoned their faction and the forum. I personally think it's a bit of a shame to have to ruin some players game to correct a mistake that was made (repeatedly) by FD in the first place.

Honestly, I don't see a problem. It's game, it's space politics and fight for dominance. Want to bring back the goods? Play the BGS.

IMHO.

I've tried to use the link to re-submit for our PMF that was added back in April then disappeared, but it won't recognize my email/password. I know it should work because it is the same one I use for the forum here. What can I do?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom