A MORE CONSISTENT THREAD TO FOLLOW THIS MYSTERY IS HERE.
Happy hunting CMDRs o7

Seems like the start of a new hunt related to the Hesperus.
Here are the logs I was sent. I wasn't doing anything in particular, just exploring planetary ports, when I got this message.

20210610141313_1.jpg

20210610141316_1.jpg

20210610141318_1.jpg

Last edited:
Commander, this is Salvation. Thank you for playing a part in finding the Hesperus megaship. I require your expertise again to fully resolve that mystery. I need to learn what happened to the surviving crew members of the Hesperus. Although they abandoned ship nearly two centuries ago, its possible they discovered something of scientific value. The Hesperus began its journey from the Li Chui system. As a precautionary protocol, it deployed signal beacons approximately every 100 light years.

My agents have analysed the Hesperus's onboard systems and confirmed that only 17 beacons were launched. I assume this stopped when Phamasapien took over the ship, and they sabotaged the beacons to prevent Azimuth Biochemicals learning what happened. Shortly after this point, survivors of the original crew escaped using one of the secondary craft, which were specially modified for long-range exploration. Therefore, my belief is that they made planetfall within 300 light years of wherever the last beacon is located.

I urge you to accept the task of finding all the beacons and hopefully discover a trace of the survivors. Your efforts will aid me in my great work - preventing humanity's Extinction.

Salvation.

Text of the message above,

Yeah apparently we have to track down 17 beacons and then somewhere on some corner of some body within 300 Ly of that last beacon is the where they landed... I don't even know how to start this.

Edit: I guess I start in Li Chui

Ahh nice! I already hit up about 15 systems but didn't know there was a sheet... The plan anyway is to start 100 ly in the direction of the current Hesperus location, that at least narrows it down a bunch.

Ahh nice! I already hit up about 15 systems but didn't know there was a sheet... The plan anyway is to start 100 ly in the direction of the current Hesperus location, that at least narrows it down a bunch.
we also check each asteroid belt cluster and the local galnet heralds, if it's inhabited. who know's how FDevs hide stuff this time^^

Here's a spreadsheet Canonn already startet with, feel free to help & share! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...NRN0A5Asm2mQ3fEH9KD6UBNzU/edit#gid=1137020038 Every system 90-110ly from Li Chul is listed.

(Btw the Canonn discord is open for everyone to join [Full access only after registration but the sciene chat, where investigation talk is going on, is free for all.] Or just lurk if you don't have a discord account)
Cool - thanks for putting this together. I'm joining in.

Maybe I'm missing something. Was the Hesperus not already found? If so, would that not be the last position and the crew escaped from that system? Would chasing the beacons be superfluous to finding the planet they landed on?

Maybe I'm missing something. Was the Hesperus not already found? If so, would that not be the last position and the crew escaped from that system? Would chasing the beacons be superfluous to finding the planet they landed on?
nah the people who took it over might have jumped it and then it was roaming for 200years. ALso, Salvation told us to find all 17 beacons..

You are missing something, they traveled and dropped a beacon every 100 LY for 17 beacons... at that point some of the crew fled in a shuttle with something important that we need to find. After they fled the bad guys continued on with the Hesperus but stopped dropping beacons so we couldnt track them.
The only way to find the shuttle is to scan every star system within 100 ly one beacon after another until we find them.

Deleted member 115407

D
Is there any need to go to the beacons anymore, or should I just go right to the target?
I went to the first... didn't seem to have much to say

Deleted member 115407

D
Is there any need to go to the beacons anymore, or should I just go right to the target?
I went to the first... didn't seem to have much to say
No need to visit all beacons, you can go directly to the ground site. If you have trouble plotting a direct route, then it's probably because of permit locked systems on the way. If so, head to witch head nebula first, there's a passage through the permit locks

Wait, so that's it? The hyped Azimuth " Saga " Act 2 was just one CG?

Is there anyone that is actually keeping track of this whole Azimuth saga, how it's progressing, where it's going - or did everyone just packed up and left after Odyssey DLC release?
Well it was about finding the Guardian/Thargoid battleground which also completed the story of what happened to the Hesperus crew, then doing the CG for whichever side you chose and that CG only ended 2 days ago but otherwise yes, we are now waiting for whatever happens next. And yes, many people have been keeping track of the story including me with a short video series about it, and I imagine they are as frustrated as I am about being drip fed a bit then waiting weeks, but it is what it is.

Top Bottom