Powerplay New to game, Which powerplay faction do i pick? how does it work?

So i can do missions at the BB to join a faction? so how does joining a PP pledge work? if im empire recruit and join a federation PP how does this work? does joining a PP faction make me lose faction with the others?

So i can do missions at the BB to join a faction?
No, BB missions have nothing to do with PowerPlay.
so how does joining a PP pledge work?
Open the Galactic Powers screen by clicking the bottom left item on your left UI panel, Click on the center panel ("galactic power standings"), pick a Power and click "Pledge" at the bottom of the screen.
if im empire recruit and join a federation PP how does this work? does joining a PP faction make me lose faction with the others?
Pledging with a Power has no effect on your rank or reputation with the major factions, but you will be considered hostile by Powers aligned with different major factions. Yes, it's confusing. Being hostile with a Power doesn't prevent you from docking at stations and the local security forces don't care about what some Power thinks about you. If you are in the territory of a hostile Power, then NPCs and CMDRs that are pledged with the local power are free to attack you, but shooting back will be a crime.

Last edited:
So i can do missions at the BB to join a faction? so how does joining a PP pledge work? if im empire recruit and join a federation PP how does this work? does joining a PP faction make me lose faction with the others?

Take a look at the Reddits for each power and scout about to find the one that fits you. You can find the links at the top of the Powerplay thread.

Top Bottom