Abandoned New Trading Tool: ETN

Those profit / hour numbers on non-looping trades are not imaginary. They are accurate profit rates for the routes specified, for the duration of the route. Think of it like a 60 mph speed limit on a one-way 10 mile road. You can go 60 mph on it for 10 minutes. You can't go a full 60 miles and a full hour, but you can still travel at a rate of 60 miles / hour.

Yeah but... why? I'm having trouble understanding in what situation you would need this sort of calculation.

Yeah but... why? I'm having trouble understanding in what situation you would need this sort of calculation.

ETN wouldn't be possible without the profit / hour calculation. It's central to the algorithm.

Are you wondering why you would want profit / hour for a route that is not a loop? You might want to go from A -> B and find the best profit / hour on the way there. Alternatively you might only have 20 minutes and want to make as much as possible. Or maybe you just want to explore while you trade instead of repeating the same stations.

is it possible to add support for black market trade routes?

Should be possible, if you change the settings to include more illegal items...however, the trouble is that black market data doesn't usually make its way into EDDB because that info is on a different screen from the commodity market, which is an undesirable extra step for those using OCR to collect information. I'm not sure if the Mobile App API tools capture that data, but we aren't supposed to talk about those :D

Last edited:
Should be possible, if you change the settings to include more illegal items...however, the trouble is that black market data doesn't usually make its way into EDDB because that info is on a different screen from the commodity market, which is an undesirable extra step for those using OCR to collect information. I'm not sure if the Mobile App API tools capture that data, but we aren't supposed to talk about those :D

e.g imp-slaves are already part of the regular routes, i am talking about having the ability to show the smuggling routes into black markets which i saw EDDB doesn't include so who can add it? (even manually)

Is there any chance we can have the ability to copy the system names to our clipboard directly from the site so we can paste in Nav search bar in game?

Last edited:

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
In the past your excellent tool, thread has been added to EDCodex. Before EDCodex was released on the 17th of August you have received in the period 5th - 10th of August a PM with an invitation and a special link. After registering and logging in you would automatically become owner of your entry. According to the admin tool(s) you haven't used the special link (yet). Perhaps you have missed the PM or have been (temporarily) away from ED. Its also possible you choose not to claim your entry. Note: Its also possible to assign another commander editing rights for your entry. In either case please send us a PM. You can find your EDCodex entry here.

Alternative way to get ownership
The special link will cease to function in the (near) future, for security reasons. Should you after that point want to become owner of your entry you can use the "Claim ownership" button. In that case please send biobob or myself a PM with the email addressed you used for registration - for verification. You can also use this procedure if you no longer have the PM.

What is EDCodex:
Its a website with a database of currently approx 215+ tools,threads,websites,videos for ED. Any one can and is encouraged to add entries there. EDCodex is and should be community-driven. EDCodex companion thread. Its equally suited for PC's, tablets and smartphones and has RSS feeds.

With kind regards,
Biobob
Wolverine2710

Been using this excellent tool for my trading, but it seems to having some problems today!

When I'm searching for routes the site just loads infinitely and doesn't display anything, only an unlabeled spiders web in the background.

Server issues?

How reliable are the profits from imp slaves? In the past they were off the mark, but that was several months ago.

Been using this excellent tool for my trading, but it seems to having some problems today!

When I'm searching for routes the site just loads infinitely and doesn't display anything, only an unlabeled spiders web in the background.

Server issues?

Keep having the same problem for the last few days just keeps endlessly searching?

Server issues?

Were you plotting routes between two systems? I've had that happen to me when I was trying to find good routes between systems that were far apart. It seemed to get stuck on route finding.

How reliable are the profits from imp slaves? In the past they were off the mark, but that was several months ago.

Imp slaves prices can fluctuate quite a bit based on supply/demand. Even in my little 228 ton Clipper I can change the price between two stations just by buying/selling a couple of rounds, so I wouldn't count on the data unless the price have been updated within a few hours, and even then it may be off by a few hundred credits per ton or more, especially if the uploader of the data happens to be exploiting that trade. I would imagine a tradeconda or T9 can drain a imp slaves loop quickly. :rolleyes:

Server issues?

I've been having this problem as well a few days ago. Did report it but didn't hear back. I was trying to plot a trade between a system in Alliance space (forget which one it was) back to Medupe City in Cubeo. It was probably around 200Ly away. Would just search and search and search with the same "unlabeled spiders web in the background". Finally, got tired. Picked a system closer to Cubeo and then it started working again.

Server issues?

Yeah it was a bug with filtering old data. It's fixed now. Let me know if you see any further issues. The issue showed up when eddb moved to a new schema.

Gotta say this tool has to be my favourite out of all the ones I've used so far. The visualisation makes it so much easier to read. I am having one problem, though; in the last day or so I seem to be running into an issue where the tool fails to find any results when searching; specifically it comes up with a message reading 'Search found 0 results'. It can't be that there are simply no routes around; I'm well and truly inside the bubble at present, and in fact I'm in an area I was searching about yesterday.
I've run CCleaner since it started acting up, but clearing my browser didn't seem to make any difference.
I'm not certain, but I believe it started acting up after I changed my ship loadout.

Gotta say this tool has to be my favourite out of all the ones I've used so far. The visualisation makes it so much easier to read. I am having one problem, though; in the last day or so I seem to be running into an issue where the tool fails to find any results when searching; specifically it comes up with a message reading 'Search found 0 results'. It can't be that there are simply no routes around; I'm well and truly inside the bubble at present, and in fact I'm in an area I was searching about yesterday.
I've run CCleaner since it started acting up, but clearing my browser didn't seem to make any difference.
I'm not certain, but I believe it started acting up after I changed my ship loadout.

Did you try "reset to default settings"? You'll find that option by clicking gear button in the top right. If it's still an issue, let me know your ship, starting location and any other settings and I'll take a look.

I'm having a minor issue with ETN. Basically, since a few days ago (maybe a week at most), it started giving me trade routes where the first segment is too far too reach without refueling enroute. I don't remember ever this happening. I keep my ship info updated with import from coriolis.io.

The details:

Starting station: Ahmed Dock in Bielonti
Destination: Medupe City in Cubeo

Ship: Anaconda
FSD Rating: A
Ship loadout: Custom
Cargo capacity: 320t
Fuel capacity: 80t
Ship mass: 1260

Route:
Cubeo Medupe City in 36:02, 4 trades

1st leg: Timbarichs Vaucouleurs Refinery in 14:18 (not enough fuel)
2nd leg: Guuguyni Shen Terminal in 7:41
3rd leg: Osissi Hua Sutter Orbital in 5:42
4th leg: Cubeo Medupe City in 8:21

I did notice for quite some time that when I'm deep inside the federation or alliance space and try to plot a trade route back to the empire space, the first leg is usually fairly long. After this first leg, ETN will have me hop around, not always bringing me closer to Cubeo. I'm not sure why it does that. I would think that routes would be optimized so that each leg brings me closer to my destination, specially with a fewer number of trades, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Just curious.

Back
Top Bottom