New Zealand Pack

Anyway I don't think this is something that would ever happen. Not enough people outside of New Zealand know anything about New Zealand or its animals. I mean, a lot of folks think the kiwi bird is the size of the fruit.
But it would be a great Oportunity to educate People about it, so it might happen. At least I hope so because I want to build a Zoo in New Zealand now and already wanted to make a Thread about it before I found this one.
Also there are really People that think this about Kiwis?
Obviously the Bird is way bigger and the Fruit isn't actually a Fruit but a Cave dwelling Species of the Kiwi Bird. It lost its Eyes because it doesn't need them in the dark Caves. It also doesn't have any Bones so it can fit better between Rocks. The Body is smaller due to the Fact that there isn't much Food available in the Caves. Now say again that People from other Countrys don't know anything about New Zealand Fauna😂

I'd also love to see Maori art make it into the game, and NZ foliage.
Maybe some Cave Paintings (If those exist in New Zealand) of Moas and Haast Eagles would also be really nice. At least I'd love to educate Guests about those in a New Zealand Zoo

"Rare" in captivity is still in captivity, though. Currently the only animal in the game that isn't found in captivity anywhere is the titan beetle, IIRC.
Still wonder If there is a Site where this can be looked up. Zootierliste sadly doesn't have a Category for Invertebrates

Is there a List somewhere of New Zealand Animals that are kept in Zoos? The only one I can think of that wasn't mentioned yet is the Giant Weta.
Also that Pig is so cute. Would absolutely love to have it in the Game, especially because we do also need way more domesticated Animals.

KUNE KUNES!!! I used to keep them and they are Very Good Pigs. Escape artists, yes; excellent sense of smell, yes; very greedy, yes; able to break into the shed and eat all the food in one sitting, yes; but otherwise awesome.

Is there a List somewhere of New Zealand Animals that are kept in Zoos?
Found this ZooChat thread that details NZ species kept in zoos outside of NZ, hope this is what you were looking for
The thread was made in 2012 though, so not sure how accurate it is now

Personally, I think a general Oceania pack is much more likely.
As I said earlier in this thread, it was never meant to be considered 'likely'. I simply shared an idea that I thought was interesting, to show that even a region as limited as New Zealand could actually have a regular DLC if Frontier was that way inclined.

I can't argue with your selection, these are all great. If the tuatara was a habitat though you could add in the weta for an exhibit animal, that insect is quite unique in its own way, one of the greatest movie SFX studios in NZ even uses it for its company name (weta workshop)

I can't argue with your selection, these are all great. If the tuatara was a habitat though you could add in the weta for an exhibit animal, that insect is quite unique in its own way, one of the greatest movie SFX studios in NZ even uses it for its company name (weta workshop)
I wouldn't be against it If Frontier would start putting 2 Exhibit Animals in some Packs🙃🦎🦗
At least I think the Tuatara wouldn't be very likely to be a Habitat Animal (they can get relatively big though)

Domesticated Breeds from New Zealand are quite interesting. Many of them are almost extinct and at least 2 (the Campbell Island Cattle and the Kurī) are completely gone. That's due to the Fact that some of those Breeds were feral which caused Damage to the natural Ecosystem. Without the Rare Breeds Conservation Society of New Zealand many more of them would probably already be extinct.
I think I'd even buy a Pack that just includes domesticated New Zealand Animals even though this would be extremely unlikely.

Also here's a List of Species that aren't allowed in New Zealand for anyone who is interested https://www.epa.govt.nz/industry-areas/new-organisms/prohibited-organisms-in-new-zealand/

Domesticated Breeds from New Zealand are quite interesting. Many of them are almost extinct and at least 2 (the Campbell Island Cattle and the Kurī) are completely gone. That's due to the Fact that some of those Breeds were feral which caused Damage to the natural Ecosystem. Without the Rare Breeds Conservation Society of New Zealand many more of them would probably already be extinct.
I think I'd even buy a Pack that just includes domesticated New Zealand Animals even though this would be extremely unlikely.

Also here's a List of Species that aren't allowed in New Zealand for anyone who is interested https://www.epa.govt.nz/industry-areas/new-organisms/prohibited-organisms-in-new-zealand/
Kune Kunes nearly vanished as well. Some enthusiasts gathered up as many feral ones as they could (which wasn't many) and basically started again. There's huge variation now all over the world, with size as well as colours. Some people claim that KKs aren't as destructive as regular pigs and maybe that's true but they definitely do a thorough job of clearing and rooting up the ground so I can understand why modern farmers weren't happy about feral pigs doing their thing. One thing I noticed when I kept them is a lot of opportunist garden birds, like blackbirds and robins, used to hang around the pig enclosures and would investigate the freshly turned up ground once the pigs had moved on. Mini eco systems FTW!

Top Bottom