Newbie bounty hunting question

Wow.. Do only Elite kills move your rank?

Screenshot from 2021-04-02 10-32-22.png

That's how many points each kill/rank is worth. It's about 20 Elite kills for each % through Deadly, making Deadly about half of the entire progression towards Elite. Thargoid Scouts are worth about the same as an Elite ship, so for some people it can be quicker to fight those to progress

A long time ago - in my day 🧓 - I used to fly around looking for smuggling missions that would pay 100,000 credits. It's not like that anymore!
You young 'uns don't know you were born, we used to have to fly to the shops in clogs etc
In my day. I thought that I was doing very well if I made a million.

We live in a society where the majority of people want everything yesterday and for no effort, and that kind of attitude is programmed into this game. I agree with other posts that in the long run it does kill the excitement of the game as nothing is hard to obtain.

This game tends to throw money at you nowadays.
You can thank all those commanders who moaned about it being to grindy and hard.
Thanks to the members of the Instant Gratification Club, those of us who enjoy the feeling of working hard to get what you want, have to suffer.
100% right i had to work and play a long time in the begining, its so much easier now,i lke the wing aspect,but in the right hands,a newbei can have 50 mill creds from a player in 1 hr of logging on first time, i know as im guilty as charged for helping out

The ship progression when I started out was really good. I enjoyed picking up missions to get creds for that C grade module or new weapon I liked.

Nowadays there's none of that. I don't even have the opportunity to restart the game in order to recapture that play through as the game is so different now.

Once upon a time, the mission boards had great missions with great follow on flow and it was a pleasure to play the game. Not any more.

Go back in time a little though and this game would proper put people to sleep.

I remember trying to rank up factions to get that higher paying mission and each time I ranked a faction up I would get bumped.

I was chasing high paying missions that I could never catch. Nasty little glitch.

Combat was bugged out aswell. Ships would just sit still and death roll whilst you sat there blasting away.

Getting alot of creds early on isn't such a bad thing.

It's up to you how you spend them.

Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah

And you try and tell the young people of today that ... they won't believe you

Hi all, I've only been on the game for about 10 hours. I've just been the nearest naval beacon and killed 3 bounties with help from the law and I've earned nearly 1,500,000cr already. Is that normal? I can suddenly buy lots of ships and weapon upgrades and it feels like I've really lucked out or it's a glitch of some sort. I was expecting a big grind to get my first new ship and wonder if I've missed out on the joy of that.
Welcome to the game, and the expectations you had above are good ones to hold onto.

As others have said earlier in this thread, money can be way too easy to get hold of these days. There is a lot of information around about making fast money and rank. To my mind, both of those goals are counterproductive as the might feel good but will harm long term participation in the game. There is no so called 'end-game', and the large ships are not necessarily the best. As an example, yesterday I decided to run some ordinary cargo missions for fun - something I'd not done for a while. I went back to a medium sized ship out of choice - it was best for what I wanted to do.

So my advice is to stick with the small ships for a while, then the medium ships for a fair amount of time - you will learn the game much better, and also be able to engage with much of the game content that you'd blast right past if you accelerated progress.

Once you get into the game a little more, you will receive invitations from 'Engineers' who can tinker with your ships to improve them. Those engineers will want you to perform various tasks before they will help you, and those tasks cover a wide spectrum of game activities. You can use those tasks to explore those activities and figure out which ones you like, as well as learn those activities well...

The most important thing is to have fun... Fixating on progress or cash turn what should be fun gameplay into self imposed grind.

As for being able to purchase new ships, if you are looking for a good ship which is an all-rounder - You can aim for a Cobra Mk 3. It is universally recognised as bring good at everything, and can carry a fair amount of cargo for a small ship. No harm in getting one of those very soon and sticking with it for quite a while. Bear in mind that you will want to have earned a few times the value of a new ships hull before buying one, as kitting it out with upgraded modules can take 2 to 3 times the cost of the hull.

One more thing to consider - if you lose your ship, you can buy it back (as it was) for an insurance excess cost of 5% of the ship's total value. Never let your cash run down to the point that you don't have a couple of those so called 'rebuys' in your back pocket.

Top Bottom