Newcomer / Intro Newbie Pirate Hunting

I decided to bloody myself today by doing a known pirate mission in the Pilots Federation area. So I go to the nav beacon, and it says my navigations been updated. What am I looking for? Another nav. beacon? I checked for something new in the navigation screen. Do I have to check all the wake areas? Are they flying somewhere by the nav beacon? I did a search but nothing I could use came up. Getting a little frustrated. oh yeah,it's for PC.

Go back into supercruise and now the navigation panel on your left shows your target signal source as highlighted (blue). Select it, head for it, drop out when safe to disengage - shoot the fish in a barrel.

Often you don't need to actually scan the nav beacon, the nav panel updates on entering the system in those cases.

I decided to bloody myself today by doing a known pirate mission in the Pilots Federation area. So I go to the nav beacon, and it says my navigations been updated. What am I looking for? Another nav. beacon? I checked for something new in the navigation screen. Do I have to check all the wake areas? Are they flying somewhere by the nav beacon? I did a search but nothing I could use came up. Getting a little frustrated. oh yeah,it's for PC.
In case you don't know, you can make about 1 to 1 1/2 million per hour helping the police to kill the bad guys at the high resource extraction site in Dromi. You don't need any missions, just collect the bounties. It's very safe and in the starter Sidewinder, they don't even shoot back.

Last edited:
Top Bottom