Powerplay newbie ship question

Hi all, have played the game casually for a bit but was interested in getting into powerplay. I am mostly interested in combat and was trying to decide on what ship was best for me. I tried out a Diamondback scout for a bit and it was a lot of fun to fly but I found in the military strike zones I tried out I was getting eaten up pretty quickly. lots of this is my lack of combat skills experience etc but was wondering if I would be better off in a vulture? I like the idea of the DBS with its range and the fun factor but wasn't sure if it was the best choice. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

Hi all, have played the game casually for a bit but was interested in getting into powerplay. I am mostly interested in combat and was trying to decide on what ship was best for me. I tried out a Diamondback scout for a bit and it was a lot of fun to fly but I found in the military strike zones I tried out I was getting eaten up pretty quickly. lots of this is my lack of combat skills experience etc but was wondering if I would be better off in a vulture? I like the idea of the DBS with its range and the fun factor but wasn't sure if it was the best choice. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

Vulture's a mean ship, but combat skill has a lot to do with it. You can put one of the aces in a cobra and me in a vulture and he'll eat me for lunch. You can have the best scalpels, retractors and so forth, but if you're a mediocre surgeon, you'll still be one even with the best tools. A great surgeon can still outperform a doc like that even with standard stock equipment.

Don't worry so much about your ship. Concentrate on getting better at combat (or whatever you decide to do). Once you address that, then you can start to look at what kind of ship you want.

Not contradicting KellyR, but the Vulture is a great combat ship. It has very strong shields, and more importantly, has C3 weapons (large hard points) which do (IMO) a lot more damage than C2 (mediums), especially against larger ships.

Some depends what kind of combat you are doing, but against NPCs, the Vulture is lethal.

Not contradicting KellyR, but the Vulture is a great combat ship. It has very strong shields, and more importantly, has C3 weapons (large hard points) which do (IMO) a lot more damage than C2 (mediums), especially against larger ships.

Some depends what kind of combat you are doing, but against NPCs, the Vulture is lethal.

No argument there. It is deadly mean against most NPC's.

Top Bottom